You guys getting your 07 GTs SUCK!!!! - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old Sep 7th, 2006, 7:37 pm Thread Starter
bjn
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 83
You guys getting your 07 GTs SUCK!!!!

All you guys who have had to wait, or are still waiting should put your impatience to get your bike into perspective!

I ordered my GT in June - it's not even built yet! It goes into production the week of 25 Sep for delivery to my dealer in the second half of Nov.

So - no one else is allowed to complain about waiting for there bike anymore........

I'll get mine one day!!!!!!!

Fun riding to you all.
bjn is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old Sep 7th, 2006, 7:43 pm
Strafist
 
grifscoots's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Outside New Braunfels, TX, USA
Posts: 2,544
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjn
All you guys who have had to wait, or are still waiting should put your impatience to get your bike into perspective!

I ordered my GT in June - it's not even built yet! It goes into production the week of 25 Sep for delivery to my dealer in the second half of Nov.

So - no one else is allowed to complain about waiting for there bike anymore........

I'll get mine one day!!!!!!!

Fun riding to you all.
I think I'd have to kill myself if I had to wait any longer than October

-=grif=-
What was that middle thang?
grifscoots is offline  
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old Sep 7th, 2006, 9:08 pm
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 68
Quote:
Originally Posted by grifscoots
I think I'd have to kill myself if I had to wait any longer than October
AMEN, brother
ClearwaterBMW is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old Sep 7th, 2006, 10:05 pm
Enthusiast
 
BeemerDude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: , TX, USA
Posts: 236
Both dealers in Austin and San Antonio have received them this week. Alamo called me yesterday and had one ready and waiting for a new buyer...

"The more people I meet the more I love my dog !"

07 K1200 GT deep blue metallic
BeemerDude is offline  
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old Sep 8th, 2006, 5:36 am
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 1,160
Angry Now Listen Here Buddy!

I had to wait almost a WHOLE ENTIRE WEEK!!! I called my dealer, and he didn't even have the right color in stock! He had to do a dealer trade with some joker in Grand Rapids, MI.

So don't tell me about waiting! :p
messenger13 is offline  
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old Sep 8th, 2006, 6:58 am
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 497
I'll do you even one better - I had to wait HOURS. I walked in and they had the one I wanted on the showroom floor, I thought about it for 20 min, and then I wrote the check. It just took them a while to get it final prepped!

Brian
bnblazer is offline  
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old Sep 8th, 2006, 7:15 am
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 1,160
Brian, You had to wait HOURS?! HOURS?! Oh man! It's a cruel cruel world. I can feel your pain.
messenger13 is offline  
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old Sep 8th, 2006, 7:34 am
Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Cape Coral, FL, USA
Posts: 279
I've got an '06, not an '07, but my experience was equally as grueling. I had to wait a couple of hours to take possession of mine when I walked in to my local dealership and saw it sitting there with a "somebody please take me home" aura around it. I had gone in to the shop just to say hey to everybody & see what was going on. Took the test ride and that was all she wrote. Then, the dealer actually had the gall to take my LT away from me under the guise of calling it a trade-in. OMG, what have I done?!

Mike
'06 GT

Last edited by mser; Sep 8th, 2006 at 7:42 am.
mser is offline  
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old Sep 8th, 2006, 7:56 am
no power in the 'verse can stop me
 
shook sez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: n.e.ohia, , usa
Posts: 1,126
Quote:
Originally Posted by bnblazer
I'll do you even one better - I had to wait HOURS. I walked in and they had the one I wanted on the showroom floor,

Brian
You telling us that you waited hours and we didn't get any updates
from you while you were waiting ?

No whining about the amount of time it took your salesman to find a pen
to start writing the deal?

No minute by minute details of the pacing back and forth you had to endure
as you waited for a fresh pot of coffee to be brewed in the waiting room?

No detailed accounts of the agony of sitting there watching the dealer look
at you with worship in his eyes because you're actually spending MONEY
in his establishment?

Not to mention you walking over to the parts counter and schmoozing with the
guys there in hopes of laying claim to "leaning on the counter" rights?

HOURS ???

And you weren't out here regaling the lesser folk, (you know, us poor underprivileged
peeps that have to make do with old BMW technology), with stories of the
inhumanity of all that waiting and the toll it took on your psyche?

Hmmmmppphhh. I'm shocked I tell you. :wtf

Shocked AND dismayed.

I expect better of the members of this forum.

tim-----still on the right side of the frostline

you can't stop the signal
shook sez is offline  
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old Sep 8th, 2006, 8:02 am
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 497
Quote:
Originally Posted by shook sez
You telling us that you waited hours and we didn't get any updates
from you while you were waiting ?

No whining about the amount of time it took your salesman to find a pen
to start writing the deal?

No minute by minute details of the pacing back and forth you had to endure
as you waited for a fresh pot of coffee to be brewed in the waiting room?

No detailed accounts of the agony of sitting there watching the dealer look
at you with worship in his eyes because you're actually spending MONEY
in his establishment?

Not to mention you walking over to the parts counter and schmoozing with the
guys there in hopes of laying claim to "leaning on the counter" rights?

HOURS ???

And you weren't out here regaling the lesser folk, (you know, us poor underprivileged
peeps that have to make do with old BMW technology), with stories of the
inhumanity of all that waiting and the toll it took on your psyche?

Hmmmmppphhh. I'm shocked I tell you. :wtf

Shocked AND dismayed.

I expect better of the members of this forum.
I know, I know. I would have posted minute by minute reports but I had forgotten my Crackberry at home and they didn't have a computer terminal in the waiting area.

I did, however, use an extension in the dealership to call the owner every 7 minutes to ask for a status update.

Brian
bnblazer is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
What are you guys using for sattelite radio? PetesK1200 Satellite Radio 13 Nov 16th, 2008 6:58 am
It must suck to be Warren Buffet's kids eljeffe Campfire 2 Jun 30th, 2006 7:13 am
Safe ridin' in 2006 guys!!! Gareth K1200RS/GT (Classic) 2 Dec 15th, 2005 10:15 pm

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome