Automatic Blinker Reset - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old Sep 11th, 2006, 1:48 pm Thread Starter
Noob

Exclamation Automatic Blinker Reset

The new GT cancels the blinker automatically after a couple of hundred yards, or so. I absolutely dislike this feature. I found myself in several situations, where I was “running out of blinking” just when I was taking the turn. I am now re-pressing the blinker button every hundred yards, or so, just to get into some kind of new routine.

Do you guys like this feature or does it annoy you? Does anyone know how to disable this automatic reset? My dealer told me that it is a new law to have it and that it cannot be disabled.

Thanks for your input.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old Sep 11th, 2006, 2:09 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by RalphV
The new GT cancels the blinker automatically after a couple of hundred yards, or so. I absolutely dislike this feature. I found myself in several situations, where I was “running out of blinking” just when I was taking the turn. I am now re-pressing the blinker button every hundred yards, or so, just to get into some kind of new routine.

Do you guys like this feature or does it annoy you? Does anyone know how to disable this automatic reset? My dealer told me that it is a new law to have it and that it cannot be disabled.

Thanks for your input.

I don't have the manual in front of me, but I believe that the "cancellation policy" of the signals is 365' or 10 sec. To put 365' into perspective, that is slightly longer than 1/3 the length of the aircraft carrier USS Ronald Reagan.

I believe (but I amy easily be wrong) that here in WI the law for signaling turn or lane change intent is 150' before the action.

Personally, I have only had to "re-signal" a few times and actually do not find myself letting the auto off feature do it's stuff; I turn the signal off manually.

So, in short, no it does not annoy me.

Brian
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old Sep 11th, 2006, 2:13 pm
Veteran

I think mine stays on too long. I'd like to shorten it by a couple of seconds.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old Sep 11th, 2006, 3:43 pm
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by RalphV
Do you guys like this feature or does it annoy you?
It annoys me big time. I also want to turn it off. When I'm riding in a group I use the turn signal to let the others know that it is safe to pass, with the GT I can't do that anymore.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old Sep 11th, 2006, 11:38 pm

Ralph, sounds to me like you're turning your blinker on WAY too early.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old Sep 24th, 2006, 7:58 pm

It's a skill old K75 riders mastered years ago.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode