September GTs vs. February GTs - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 24 (permalink) Old Sep 11th, 2006, 10:13 pm Thread Starter
Just saying hey

September GTs vs. February GTs

Not to get involved in the "is it really an '07" debate at all , but it seems pretty clear that the 2007 GTs arriving now aren't the same as the 2007s that will arrive next spring.

According to the BMW Web site (and I think I've read it here also), ASC will not be a factory option until Feb. That may also be true for the LED indicators, but I'm not sure on that. My dealer confirms that ASC would be retrofitable if I bought one of the 07 GTs he has coming in this month, but ... it will likely be VERY pricey to do so, he said.

I can deal with that 'cause I'd pretty much decided I'd stay away from version 1.0 of the ASC anyway. But, I can't help but wonder what other goodies I might miss out on by not waiting for a February GT. Any thoughts?

David
Bridgewater, VA
-----------
2007 K1200GT (coming soon!!)
2004 BMW R1150RT (going)
2001 Kawaski W650 (sold)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 24 (permalink) Old Sep 11th, 2006, 10:22 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidRT
Not to get involved in the "is it really an '07" debate at all , but it seems pretty clear that the 2007 GTs arriving now aren't the same as the 2007s that will arrive next spring.

According to the BMW Web site (and I think I've read it here also), ASC will not be a factory option until Feb. That may also be true for the LED indicators, but I'm not sure on that. My dealer confirms that ASC would be retrofitable if I bought one of the 07 GTs he has coming in this month, but ... it will likely be VERY pricey to do so, he said.

I can deal with that 'cause I'd pretty much decided I'd stay away from version 1.0 of the ASC anyway. But, I can't help but wonder what other goodies I might miss out on by not waiting for a February GT. Any thoughts?
you know..
this is worse than a soap opera.....
what is this crap about the '07s coming now are not the same as those coming i february?

give me a break
you want the bike...
buy it now.... you might be DEAD before february...
do you want to spend the rest of your life wondering what better bike might be around the corner

seriously.....
in feb.....
you can get ASC (maybe HIDs) and the TPM......
both of which are 100% retrofittable (maybe for more money than factory ordered, admittedly)

any more questions?

i'm not trying to be rude.... but your comments have NO basis in fact

buy what you want..... when you want.... it's YOUR money, afterall...
but.... when i ride off from MY dealer in 2 days with and first-week-of-production '07 GT..... i'll give you daily updates that you can enjoy for the next 5 months until you buy YOUR bike.....
except..... when feb comes around..... someone, somewhere.....
and they'll probably be wrong as well.....
will be telling you how some july, 07 bike will OBVIOUSLY be better than your 2/07 build..........
post #3 of 24 (permalink) Old Sep 11th, 2006, 10:29 pm
Statmaster

I have 11,000 miles on mine. Neener neener neener!

Become a Supporting Member of K-Bikes.com
'04 Sprint RS Caspian Blue
Advertisement

post #4 of 24 (permalink) Old Sep 11th, 2006, 11:22 pm Thread Starter
Just saying hey

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClearwaterBMW
you know..
i'm not trying to be rude.... but your comments have NO basis in fact

buy what you want..... when you want.... it's YOUR money, afterall...
but.... when i ride off from MY dealer in 2 days with and first-week-of-production '07 GT..... i'll give you daily updates that you can enjoy for the next 5 months until you buy YOUR bike.....
except..... when feb comes around..... someone, somewhere.....
and they'll probably be wrong as well.....
will be telling you how some july, 07 bike will OBVIOUSLY be better than your 2/07 build..........
Wow! THAT'S not what I expected!

Yes, Greg, I'm aware that there will ALWAYS be something better coming out ... but don't deny me the right to ask (since I have NOT yet made my decision) about things others may have learned.

I hope your bike comes in tomorrow and it's the best thing you've ever experienced. And I'll be glad to read what you post about your rides.

But don't accuse me of posting mis-information. What I posted about the Feb. GTs is supported by what's on the BMW Web site right now, and by an e-mail exchange with my dealer.

Now back to the point. Anyone else got any info on the differences expected during the production year? Maybe you should PM me to avoid the flames!

David
Bridgewater, VA
-----------
2004 BMW R1150RT (going)
2001 Kawaski W650 (sold)
post #5 of 24 (permalink) Old Sep 11th, 2006, 11:28 pm

Over 8K here . . . and no regrets!
post #6 of 24 (permalink) Old Sep 12th, 2006, 7:10 am
Veteran

Over 7K here, and only regret it not being 17K

Joe, are you not doing the 7.0 upgrade?

Chris
NS, Canada

IBA, MOA, ONS

The mind knows no speed limit.

'06 GT - CGM "Katie"
'84 Airhead "Rita"
post #7 of 24 (permalink) Old Sep 12th, 2006, 7:24 am

13K and going strong

I have about 13,000 miles on my K1200GT now, and don't regret a moment of it.

Fantastic motorcycle, except for the seat.

I would submit that a decision on whether or not to buy this motorcycle, or when, should not be predicated on the anticipated changes coming in new models. You will not regret what ever iteration you end up with.

(... hmmm, "iteration" seemed ok at first, now I'm not sure!<g>)

Don Goldberg
post #8 of 24 (permalink) Old Sep 12th, 2006, 7:40 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidRT
Wow! THAT'S not what I expected!

Yes, Greg, I'm aware that there will ALWAYS be something better coming out ... but don't deny me the right to ask (since I have NOT yet made my decision) about things others may have learned.

I hope your bike comes in tomorrow and it's the best thing you've ever experienced. And I'll be glad to read what you post about your rides.

But don't accuse me of posting mis-information. What I posted about the Feb. GTs is supported by what's on the BMW Web site right now, and by an e-mail exchange with my dealer.

Now back to the point. Anyone else got any info on the differences expected during the production year? Maybe you should PM me to avoid the flames!
that wasn't a flame
it was a post at the end of a very long day for me...
working
photography at a 9-11 memorial ceremony, etc...

i didn't mean to offend you
i guess i just want my bike and i hope it comes today

again.....
i'm sorry if i offended you.... i guess my words were hearsh

i apologize
again.....
it's YOUR money...
buy the bike you want... when you want it
the only one you have to please is YOU..... and maybe your banker or significant other, of course
post #9 of 24 (permalink) Old Sep 12th, 2006, 8:33 am Thread Starter
Just saying hey

Apology accepted, Greg. Sorry if my original post pushed your buttons -- wasn't intended that way. And I really DO hope you get that bike today!

I'm planning to visit my dealer this weekend and will probably make my decision on buying off the floor or ordering from the factory then, so I'm in fact-collection mode. I know the GT is a great ride, and I'll be very happy whichever one I settle on. But I also tend to ponder over decisions like this ... for me that's part of the fun. :o

David
Bridgewater, VA
-----------
2004 BMW R1150RT (going)
2001 Kawaski W650 (sold)
post #10 of 24 (permalink) Old Sep 12th, 2006, 8:38 am
Veteran

Glad to see you guys have kissed and made up.

Chris
NS, Canada

IBA, MOA, ONS

The mind knows no speed limit.

'06 GT - CGM "Katie"
'84 Airhead "Rita"

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode