BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

Blue Moon Cycle for 600k 1st service

1K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  clickr 
#1 ·
Hey all,

Looking for some advice here (wrong board, I know).....

Short story long, taking delivery of the bike and hitting the road a few days after for 2 1/2 weeks (was going to be a month, but thanks to BMW and a delay getting bike on boat...aw crap, you've probably heard this already...)

So my first service is going to be done on the road.

Based on some research on the board, set my route so I could hit Blue Moon around 1k or so for my 1st service.

Any clue how they're stacked in service right now?

I think I'm going to try to call them tomorrow and explain the situation - and that I don't have a definite leave date yet, but hoping for next weekend - to hit them on Tuesday, but hey, who knows....we've all heard that Greg's bike was supposed to be in on August 5th (that right Greg?) and he picked it up tonight!

So - thoughts on this grand plan scheme thang?

See less See more
#3 ·
messenger13 said:
The 600-mile service is so simple, any dealer can do it. No worries from that aspect.

I visited Blue Moon a couple of weeks ago while at CCR. A VERY COOL dealership. They've got 50 of the coolest bikes. Like a mini Barber museum.
Not worried about their capability to do the work, just their ability to fit it in if they're swamped with work....although most dealerships are cool w/ squeezing you in for something simple if you're a-travelin', right?

Nice digi-pix! With stuff like that going on in their shop, I'm sure they've got to be A-OK!

#5 ·
rear diff lube change?

SKIZIKS said:
I thought BMW had a "policy" requiring Dealers to put "travellers" at the top of the priority service list. No?

If there is truth about doing a lube change to the rear axle at 600 miles, looking at what others have said it takes to do it might require quite a few hours to take the rear tire off, all of the suspension pieces, lower the rear end just to drain the lube.

What about removing the oil bottle, remove the gas tank, and just turn the bike upside down to drain the oil?

Would definately call first depending on how long a ride it will be after Blue Moon if they can't do the PM.

Cheers.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.