GT with 7.0 Rocks! Zoom Zoom - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old Sep 15th, 2006, 4:34 pm Thread Starter
Addict-oholic

Thumbs up GT with 7.0 Rocks! Zoom Zoom

Finally, got my bike back today after 3 attempts by the dealer trying to get my bike 's software uploaded.

I picked it up this AM, and I can finally ride slowly in 1st and 2nd. Plus the acceleration is very linear on the throttle. I feel extremely comfortable in any gear and at any speed. This is the ultimate bike that I always wanted. I was not sure until the new software was installed. My dealer did it under warranty.

I had to ride home in the heavy rain, but it was worth it. Hopefully the weather will clear up over the weekend, so I can really rock this bike and go Zoom Zoom !

Larry
Deep Blue 2009 K1300GT
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old Sep 15th, 2006, 6:46 pm

Glad you're happy.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old Sep 15th, 2006, 7:11 pm
Veteran

Figuring how few GT's are sold by dealers (maybe 3 each?), no wonder many dealers have problems figuring out the firmware update off the computer. I think I'll wait a few months until they get a couple under their belts.

Heck, I had enough problems figuring out how to do a 600 mile fluid drain on the final drive today. Three hours later and I'm a bit smarter, but not by much.

Glad your firmaware update worked out.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old Sep 15th, 2006, 7:33 pm

I had 7.0 done last week and it is unbelievable. I really feel it is faster due to the smooth throttle response. It definitely feels more spirited. I'm having more fun with the power...its everywhere. I have not noticed any flat spots . I even sat around 4800 and still nothing. So for those of you who are sitting on the fence deciding whether to get the update or not...just do it!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode