just fitted Cee Bailey +4 +3 screen - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old Sep 27th, 2006, 2:11 am Thread Starter

just fitted Cee Bailey +4 +3 screen

Very pleased with it.

Easy to fit and a perfect fit as well. It is only wider at the top so it still sits in the fairing cutout when down. Looks Ok not too big either and has a flip profile.

On the road in the lowest position there is still some rough air but it is no worse than the BMW large screen I already had. I only had to move it up a few inches to get the benefit of it though, it provided a nice smooth airflow around my head and dramatically reduced the effects of noise and buffeting. It still allowed some air around me, which I like and as I raised it higher to the max position I got pretty still air and at the highest position a slight backdraft / push forward.

At 6'1" I can see over it easily although I noticed that the mirrors were now partly covered by the screens extra width. Not a problem in the dry and probably not in the wet.

Because the screen and fairing are narrow lower down at the mounting point I noticed that the buffeting I was getting with the BM screen on my forearms was still there. I have yet to try it with a pillion and this arm turbulance may get up to her.

As I said, I am very pleased with it but now I can sit a 90mph all day in a smooth flow of quiet air until the fuel runs out I am even more worried about my license.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old Sep 27th, 2006, 4:22 am
Capn' Blowhard

I was just getting ready to post something very similar to your observations - my Bailey windshield showed up today as well and I was able to road test it tonight. I went with a +3 tall, +2 wide and it's perfect for me at 6', though I imagine a bit more on the sides would be great too.

First thing I noticed was that there was ZERO wind noise at speed with it all the way up which had me cruising along at 15mph more than usual! More speed in the corners, more relaxed cruising - it was actually difficult to gauge speed for the first 10 minutes or so with it all the way up, it really is that quiet. Of course, it only serves to amplify the clunking shifts. But I prefer mechanical feedback and music to wind noise any day of the week.

Nice piece - very happy with it and the turn around from them was less than a week!

'07 BMW K1200GT
'06 Ducati Classic Sport 1000 Monoposto
K7 GSX-R 1000
"Oh, somewhere deep inside of these bones, an emptiness began to grow. There's something out there, far from my home, a longing that I've never known..."

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode