The Retroboy has a new Toy- a little Problem. - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old Sep 27th, 2006, 7:11 am Thread Starter

Cool The Retroboy has a new Toy- a little Problem.

I picked up my bike last Saturday and my little problem is going to be the DEPARTMENT OF MOTOR VEHICLE.

Here is a breakdown on how the day went. I drove my k1200rs to Baton Rouge and to put on Consignment. After I purchased the bike, Then, I went to New Orleans for Dinner with the parents. After dinner, I went back to Missississippi.

Here are some quick observations:

Ergos:
My whole experience riding has been on RS bikes. I loved the seating position and felt no discomfort in my back or arms. The handlebars are in the highest position.

Height and Weight:
I am small guy with a small ass and i will get into that. The low seat worked perfectly for me. The bike is not top heavy compared to my rs and was fine.

Seat: Sucks but may get a little better over time. I did do a 450 mile day and could of kept riding. I will make a decision after my long trip.

Screen: Needs to be replaced. I think the height was fine but it is not wide enough. I replaced the screen on my k1200rs after one long ride. I didn't experience any buffeting.

Power:
Holly Rolly Polly. The Throttle was sensitive and seem to take some adjustment. But, The bike was so so smoth.

Lighting:
I rode 200 miles back to Mississippi and it is dark. It seemed to be as good as the RS with the PIAA Lights. I had no problem seeing at night but will add some MotoLights.

Tankbag is on back order and the parts manager was gone. They are unsure on when they may be able to get it.

By the way, I got the Gray Metalic and it is pretty. The small top case looks great on the bike. I had no Throttle issues. The Clutch seemed a little clunky but better over time.

Sorry about the delay in the post, I still Recuperating from the SAINTS. Oh Yeah baby, 3-0 and kept my dollars in Louisiana.

Retroboy

Retroboy
2007 k1200 GT-Dark Graphite
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old Sep 27th, 2006, 11:23 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by retroboy
I picked up my bike last Saturday and my little problem is going to be the DEPARTMENT OF MOTOR VEHICLE.

Here is a breakdown on how the day went. I drove my k1200rs to Baton Rouge and to put on Consignment. After I purchased the bike, Then, I went to New Orleans for Dinner with the parents. After dinner, I went back to Missississippi.

Here are some quick observations:

Ergos:
My whole experience riding has been on RS bikes. I loved the seating position and felt no discomfort in my back or arms. The handlebars are in the highest position.

Height and Weight:
I am small guy with a small ass and i will get into that. The low seat worked perfectly for me. The bike is not top heavy compared to my rs and was fine.

Seat: Sucks but may get a little better over time. I did do a 450 mile day and could of kept riding. I will make a decision after my long trip.

Screen: Needs to be replaced. I think the height was fine but it is not wide enough. I replaced the screen on my k1200rs after one long ride. I didn't experience any buffeting.

Power:
Holly Rolly Polly. The Throttle was sensitive and seem to take some adjustment. But, The bike was so so smoth.

Lighting:
I rode 200 miles back to Mississippi and it is dark. It seemed to be as good as the RS with the PIAA Lights. I had no problem seeing at night but will add some MotoLights.

Tankbag is on back order and the parts manager was gone. They are unsure on when they may be able to get it.

By the way, I got the Gray Metalic and it is pretty. The small top case looks great on the bike. I had no Throttle issues. The Clutch seemed a little clunky but better over time.

Sorry about the delay in the post, I still Recuperating from the SAINTS. Oh Yeah baby, 3-0 and kept my dollars in Louisiana.

Retroboy
great write-up
i am THRILLED for you
i'm glad we are in agreement 100% about this amazing bike

cried during the saints opening on MNF.... really incredible
sad and happy at the same time

we need to find a place to meet in the middle soon....
that will be great

take care
thanks for the write-up
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old Sep 28th, 2006, 8:21 pm
Addict

Wink

Did you use the spell checker to spell Missisipy?

Nth Queensland
AUSTRALIA

2005 K1200S

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode