My GT has arrived - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 22 (permalink) Old Sep 27th, 2006, 3:53 pm Thread Starter
Enthusiast

My GT has arrived

My GT arrived at my dealer's this morning. It should be ready for delivery on Friday. What still needs to be done: mounting of the Baehr intercom, mounting of the Nav II cradle/mount/harness and painting of the top box lid.

Complication: the little box under the seat where the Baehr Ultima intercom would fit nicely is already occupied by the alarmsystem. We're now looking for a spot under the right hand side panel. The technician talked me out of moving the alarm.

I also asked for the horn of an R1200RT to be installed, but that is a bit more complicated than we realized at first, because of the difference in connectors. The RT horn has two connectors with a different shape, where the GT has only one connector. This will probably be finished at the 1000 km service.

Here are some pictures I was able to make of my GT:

Some details:

Xenon (HID) headlight

All you can see of the TPC (tyre pressure control) with the ignition off:

Easy recognition of the model '07 brakes
This is a 2006 model:

Compared to my '07:

Grtz,
Erwin

'14 R1200GS Adventure LC - Racing Red uni matt - full options - Nav V ... where the road ends Adventure begins ...
'13 320dA Touring - Mineralgrau metallic ... Freude am Fahren ...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 22 (permalink) Old Sep 27th, 2006, 3:58 pm
Statmaster

Erwin,

When you get a chance, can you take a picture of the left side with the fairing panel off? I'd like to compare it to what the 2006 bike looks like (the ABS unit and the space it takes up).

Become a Supporting Member of K-Bikes.com
'04 Sprint RS Caspian Blue
post #3 of 22 (permalink) Old Sep 27th, 2006, 4:02 pm Thread Starter
Enthusiast

Once I get it home, I will look for a moment to peek under the left side panel. I'll take a picture then. At this moment the left side panel is already mounted, and I don't think they will take it off again until the first service.

Grtz,
Erwin

'14 R1200GS Adventure LC - Racing Red uni matt - full options - Nav V ... where the road ends Adventure begins ...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 22 (permalink) Old Sep 27th, 2006, 4:02 pm
Addict

Erwin,

Congratulations. You have good taste in colors too. You mentioned installing a Baehr Ultima intercom system. I was going to purchase the latest Autocomm system and only recently heard of the Baehr intercom. Have you used the Baehr before and if so do have any idea how it compares to the Autocomm? Thanks and Enjoy!

John
post #5 of 22 (permalink) Old Sep 27th, 2006, 4:06 pm Thread Starter
Enthusiast

This Baehr comes from the LT, so, yes I've already used it. I think Baehr and Autocom are both top quality brands (a bit more in favour of Baehr though). The Autocom is a bit less expensive.

Grtz,
Erwin

post #6 of 22 (permalink) Old Sep 27th, 2006, 4:15 pm
Addict

Thanks Erwin. I'll likely end up with the Autocomm. As far as mounting location, I'm going to mount my intercom under the left panel above the ABS brake unit. I don't have the factory alarm but even without it the space under the rear seat is extremely small and it barely holds my flat tire repair kit and my tire gauge. Thanks again.
Best regards,
John
post #7 of 22 (permalink) Old Sep 27th, 2006, 4:17 pm
Veteran

Congrat Erwin!! Another beautiful and darn fast CGM. Gorgeous!!

I think you missed the '07 brake picture in your post above. I'm still curious about the difference, could you add the missing picture back in?

Thank you.

I looked at the Baehr recently and it seems to be first rate stuff. If I ever convince myself of the need to have more than just music, I'll probably go there.

Enjoy the bike. You're going to love the Xenon headlamp. We were fortunate enough to have the option available on Canadian '06 models. Its stunning.

cheers,

Chris
NS, Canada

IBA, MOA, ONS

The mind knows no speed limit.

'06 GT - CGM "Katie"
'84 Airhead "Rita"
post #8 of 22 (permalink) Old Sep 27th, 2006, 4:41 pm

congrats, Erwin
we can't wait to hear more about your experiences on the bike

good luck
post #9 of 22 (permalink) Old Sep 27th, 2006, 5:01 pm

Another of the fastest colours joins the ranks - congratulations. In UK I still can't get a date for avilability of the TPM, so interested to see what you think of it.

BTW - I note nobody has challenged the scientific explanation of WHY the CGM is the fastest colour, in another thread, so riders of other colours have obviously accepted that we're the fastest.
post #10 of 22 (permalink) Old Sep 27th, 2006, 5:21 pm
"DELIVERS"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrisdy
BTW - I note nobody has challenged the scientific explanation of WHY the CGM is the fastest colour, in another thread, so riders of other colours have obviously accepted that we're the fastest.
Probably because you're a junior member and don't know any better....next time you look at a fire, notice the color at the hottest part...BLUE.

'04 GT...Orient Blue...Staintune...Ohlins...Power Commander

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode