In the Sickbay - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old Sep 28th, 2006, 1:42 pm Thread Starter
Rookie

In the Sickbay

My K1200GT decided to play up on the way to the dealers, as soon as i left the motorway the throttle stuck on at 2,800 revs . I then had constant throttle sticking or taking that split second late to drop off the revs. I also had a problem when the revs staid high and when i pulled in the throttle the revs would go up 500 more.

This is the second time that i have had some of these problems and the first time for the others, but my dealership kept my GT as they and myself felt it wasn't safe to ride. They lent me a R1200 RT which is the first boxer for me and not a patch on a well GT. But at least i can still get to the last round of the British Superbikes at Brands Hatch this weekend.

Besides the seat which i'm on with getting gel inserts, this is the only downside with this fantastic machine , i'm missing her already.

Safe Riding

Tim

K1200 GT SE
Dark Graphite Metalic
Slate Grey side panels
Small Top Box
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old Sep 28th, 2006, 1:51 pm
Addict

Tim, Sorry to hear about your KGT problems but unfortunately you are not alone with the throttle issues. So far I'm not in throttle problem group...yet but from all of the posts by those that have BMW better get on this and come up with solid fix.

For those that read my previous version of this post I apologize for my rant and I deleted the last section. I talked to my Beemer Tech today and he assured me that BMW is doing everything they can to determine the cause of the throttle response (or lack of response) and surging issues and that a fix is coming soon.

John
06 CGM KGT

Last edited by John06KGT; Sep 28th, 2006 at 5:05 pm.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old Sep 29th, 2006, 7:48 am Thread Starter
Rookie

Hi
John my dealers are on with a throttle valve replacement as i write this so i'm hoping this will solve the problem and that i will get my GT back in time for the weekend.

Safe riding

Tim

K1200 GT SE
Dark Graphite Metalic
Slate Grey side panels
Small Top Box
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old Sep 29th, 2006, 7:55 am
Veteran

I posted this from another on the throttle issue:

Hey! I found your solution!

"BMW has addressed this issue. Have your dealer look at service bulletin 1300204(057) The engine control computer will need to be replaced."

It's on the A&S website here. It's the third item, "K1200GT fluctuating idle."

Now tell you dealer to get on the stick and read their damn service bulletins!
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old Sep 29th, 2006, 8:00 am Thread Starter
Rookie

Thanks for the link, much apprieciated.

Tim

K1200 GT SE
Dark Graphite Metalic
Slate Grey side panels
Small Top Box
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old Sep 29th, 2006, 8:05 am
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMack
I posted this from another on the throttle issue:

Hey! I found your solution!

"BMW has addressed this issue. Have your dealer look at service bulletin 1300204(057) The engine control computer will need to be replaced."

It's on the A&S website here. It's the third item, "K1200GT fluctuating idle."

Now tell you dealer to get on the stick and read their damn service bulletins!

WHOA!!!! Big fella, you should check the details before making such broad and sweeping statements. You're sending people off on a wild goose chase.

I checked the link you posted and the trouble discussed is obviously on the first generation GT, not an '06 or '07. The poster makes specific reference to the direct similarities his bike has to the "RS".

I quote: This seemed pretty suspicious to me, as my understanding is that the RS and GT are identical at that level, and I would think that any issue that had been solved in the RS could either immediately or with very little effort be used in the GT.

So, please check your sources and let's keep the misinformation duties in the Executive Office.

Chris
NS, Canada

IBA, MOA, ONS

The mind knows no speed limit.

'06 GT - CGM "Katie"
'84 Airhead "Rita"
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old Sep 29th, 2006, 10:42 am
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKIZIKS
WHOA!!!! Big fella, you should check the details before making such broad and sweeping statements. You're sending people off on a wild goose chase.

I checked the link you posted and the trouble discussed is obviously on the first generation GT, not an '06 or '07. The poster makes specific reference to the direct similarities his bike has to the "RS".

I quote: This seemed pretty suspicious to me, as my understanding is that the RS and GT are identical at that level, and I would think that any issue that had been solved in the RS could either immediately or with very little effort be used in the GT.

So, please check your sources and let's keep the misinformation duties in the Executive Office.
I'm too lazy to do a cut-and-paste response. It's in the other thread.

Says he bought it "New in May." If it was an the last of the '04 models, it either sat unsold for a long time or the site is really old (although there are some '05 posts).

Still, it's better than nothing!
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old Sep 29th, 2006, 12:36 pm
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMack
I'm too lazy to do a cut-and-paste response. It's in the other thread.

Says he bought it "New in May." If it was an the last of the '04 models, it either sat unsold for a long time or the site is really old (although there are some '05 posts).

Still, it's better than nothing!
I've got a really nice piece of real estate for sale in Florida. Check it out:
www.floridaland.com/suckerborneveryminute

Let's make a deal.

Chris
NS, Canada

IBA, MOA, ONS

The mind knows no speed limit.

'06 GT - CGM "Katie"
'84 Airhead "Rita"

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode