New Arrival - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old Oct 2nd, 2006, 5:06 am Thread Starter
Rookie

New Arrival

Collected my CGM on Friday last week. Only covered about 100 miles so far in mostly wet weather so not really able to form any strong opinions just yet. However, there are 2 little things that irritate me. Firstly to see the time on the console I have to turn on the ignition and secondly there is a huge amount of road filth thrown up on the back of the large topbox due to the poor design of the rear mudguard. Does any one else feel like this or have possible solutions? Otherwise so far so good
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old Oct 2nd, 2006, 5:15 am
Enthusiast

The rear mud guard can be extended by loosening the torx screw at the inside (side where the tyre is). Doesn't look too good IMO, but it will help keeping your bike cleaner in bad weather.

BTW, congrats on the bike. Nice color!!!

Grtz,
Erwin

'14 R1200GS Adventure LC - Racing Red uni matt - full options - Nav V ... where the road ends Adventure begins ...
'13 320dA Touring - Mineralgrau metallic ... Freude am Fahren ...
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old Oct 2nd, 2006, 2:59 pm

Congrats on the new bike - and welcome to the CGM sub-group (watch out for your licence)..!!

I was on a 130 mile ride on Sunday, doing marshalling for the Velocette Owners Club (the Bob Foster Run) which basically consists of about 120 old bikes (1920s, etc) going round a very rural and scenic route (in other words, muddy and with lots of crushed acorns and leaves, etc) to a lunch stop and back again, raising money for charity. Our local IAM club does the marking at all the jumctions. The problem is that it always rains on this run, and this year was no exception. The GT was absolutely filthy at the back end, while the front and sides were hardly marked. You're right, it was right up the topbox as well as the panniers. I'm wondering if a hugger would help solve this problem? Has anyone tried one yet on the GT?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old Oct 2nd, 2006, 3:09 pm

Sorry, what is CGM?
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old Oct 2nd, 2006, 3:14 pm
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorf
Sorry, what is CGM?
Color... Crystal Grey Metallic
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old Oct 2nd, 2006, 6:08 pm

Cgm

CGM = Cant Get Moving.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old Oct 3rd, 2006, 4:18 am Thread Starter
Rookie

I have ridden all three colours, black and blue on demo rides and now own a Crystal Grey Metallic. I can therefore, with some authority, categorically assure everyone that Crystal Grey Metallic is indeed the fastest colour

Getting back to my original post, I have extended the rear mudguard as suggested by Erwin. Did not know that could be done so will wait and see what difference it makes. Does anyone know if the clock can be made visible without having to turn on the ignition as on my R1100RS? Seems to be a backward step to me

Steve
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old Oct 3rd, 2006, 5:45 am
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevedo
Does anyone know if the clock can be made visible without having to turn on the ignition as on my R1100RS? Seems to be a backward step to me

Steve
Dunno, but then again I don't sit on the bike much with the ignition off :p

Also, I have the Nav II to tell me exactly what time it is. That unit can be turned on with the ignition off.

Grtz,
Erwin

'14 R1200GS Adventure LC - Racing Red uni matt - full options - Nav V ... where the road ends Adventure begins ...
'13 320dA Touring - Mineralgrau metallic ... Freude am Fahren ...

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode