Buy a demo bike? - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old Oct 4th, 2006, 9:06 pm Thread Starter

Buy a demo bike?

There is an 06 demo in crystal grey metallic that I was told can be bought. It has around 2k miles on it and they offered to take $1000 off the price and throw in a free gps system. That is not enough for me as I might as well get a new 07 without the assisted brakes. but I might bring over a check for another 1200 or so less and see if it flies. I had them price it with an extended service warranty and the giant top case as well. they say it is ridden easily but i know how i ride it when I take it out. I am goig to do a couple of hours on it tomorrow. Not a safe thing to do when trying o make an unbiased decision I know. anybody else thoght about buying a demo? I know they are probably just beginning to come up with the 07 coming out. Still ALOT of cash but it is a nice bike. I have a hankering todo some big miles
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old Oct 4th, 2006, 9:24 pm

IMHO, if you can get it for another 1200 off grab it. At that price, I think that the dealer may be losing money on it, but I am not sure. It is a demo bike and as such has been maintained by the dealer to reflect the quality of the bike; they are not going to let someone demo a POS. It also has a warranty. I would check to see if the clock started ticking on that the day it was commissioned or the date that you buy it. Either way, you are covered.

If you want it, and the money is right, get it. At least you saved the cost of the 600 mile service.

Brian
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old Oct 4th, 2006, 9:44 pm
hugoscheuer

Demo bike

I just bought a demo GT it is a 2006. I have no use for traction control, so the dif between the 06 and the 07 is not important to me. It had 1900 miles. Unless you pay cash with no trade, it is hard to know what the cost really is, but I was happy with the deal. I've put on about 700 miles so far and so far so GOOD! In my deal, I think I saved about 3K as compared with a zero mile bike.
For What It's Worth.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old Oct 4th, 2006, 10:11 pm Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by hugoscheuer
I just bought a demo GT it is a 2006. I have no use for traction control, so the dif between the 06 and the 07 is not important to me. It had 1900 miles. Unless you pay cash with no trade, it is hard to know what the cost really is, but I was happy with the deal. I've put on about 700 miles so far and so far so GOOD! In my deal, I think I saved about 3K as compared with a zero mile bike.
For What It's Worth.
Yeah that s about the point i think it becomes worthwhile.. 3k or I might as well wait for a used one to come up in awhile/ I dont need this bike. I have a futura that is pretty nicely set up and an 05 gsxr 1000 for the track, but I am in lust so not thinking exactly straight. I dont give a fig for traction control either but not having the servo whine would be nice . doesnt really matter. If the deal goes it goes and if not I will have saved a ton of money . I kind of dont trust the futura for long extended trips. I have only had it for about 8 months and bought it used . It would probably be just fine on an extended trip but parts and dealers are even worse than bmw. I think the gt is a bettertwo up bike as well and the motor and conveniences are awwesome
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old Oct 13th, 2006, 7:07 pm Thread Starter

Oh well, they are not ready to deal me the bike aqt that price so I will just wait and maybe pick up a used one next year. I am thinking the Kawasaki may be interesting as well when it comes out. Not all the built in farkles but what a motor. I will check in here for used bikes too. I did ask them to call if things were to change.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode