MotorCyclist rate ST1300 over K12GT !!! - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 49 (permalink) Old Oct 7th, 2006, 3:09 am Thread Starter

Angry MotorCyclist rate ST1300 over K12GT !!!

Received my November issue of MotorCyclist magazine today. There is an article comparing K12GT, ST1300 and FJR.

This is how they rate the 3 bikes.

1. ST1300
2. K12GT
3. FJR

I was surprise at the rating, I would think GT will beat those 2 bikes easily...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 49 (permalink) Old Oct 7th, 2006, 5:34 am
Rookie

Hi
In the UK the October issue of Bike magazine they rated the R1200RT, the Pan European , FJR 1300 all above the GT. I would have to say they slated the GT but it was only there personal oppinions. But i couldn't believe the write up they gave the RT over the GT especially after riding a R1200RT back to back with my GT. Nevermind once anyone test rides the GT they will be sold i know i was.

Safe Riding

Tim

K1200 GT SE
Dark Graphite Metalic
Slate Grey side panels
Small Top Box
post #3 of 49 (permalink) Old Oct 7th, 2006, 7:23 am

when BMW spends more money than HONDA for advertising (which can't possible happen, of course)..... things will be different

you DO know that.... right?

also....
since they will make 100 Hondas for every K1200GT..... it really isn't important anyway.

my point: bmw doesn't need to "BUY" a victory in this comparo because every '07 K1200GT is PRE-sold at THIS point..... and you can find an ST1300 on EVERY Honda dealership floor in America.... and, that's quite a few
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 49 (permalink) Old Oct 7th, 2006, 7:43 am
Enthusiast

I read that article last night and before I opened the magazine I was sure they would pick the FJR because of their hard slant towards sportbikes and past write-ups. I was shocked to see the FJR in third and then even more shocked to turn the page and see the GT got second. I bought my GT before the '06 version was out and every Honda dealer I talked to said the ST was a pig. Heavy, slow, bland. Motorcyclist is so performance oriented that their choice is shocking. The price difference is what did it for them I think, but that should not be what makes one bike better than another IMO.

'03 K1200GT

post #5 of 49 (permalink) Old Oct 7th, 2006, 7:54 am

when will you guys STOP taking American Motorcycle magazines so seriusly... and embrace them for the advertiser-driven pieces of crap that they actually are?

and......
why do grown men STILL need to "validate" their own purchases with the written word of "national enquirer-style" bike rags?

i mean..... REALLY
post #6 of 49 (permalink) Old Oct 7th, 2006, 8:06 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClearwaterBMW
and you can find an ST1300 on EVERY Honda dealership floor in America.... and, that's quite a few
Not only can you find them, but they have 05's in the warehouse yet I'm told.

Not that says something about the ST1300. Not taking anything away from it but its a bland but very capable sport touring bike.

Matt
post #7 of 49 (permalink) Old Oct 7th, 2006, 8:42 am
Veteran

I love it!

Just when the EU police decided they like the Pan Pacific (ST1300 stateside) so much they park them in their garages just to stare at them and so they won't get dirty.

Seems that Pan's high-speed wobble was too much for them on the road so they are now off the road.
post #8 of 49 (permalink) Old Oct 7th, 2006, 9:27 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClearwaterBMW
when will you guys STOP taking American Motorcycle magazines so seriusly... and embrace them for the advertiser-driven pieces of crap that they actually are?

and......
why do grown men STILL need to "validate" their own purchases with the written word of "national enquirer-style" bike rags?

i mean..... REALLY
Greg,
Do you think any bike magazines are objective? In medicine you can usually count on the New England Journal of Medicine to be objective. Is there something similar for motorcycles?
post #9 of 49 (permalink) Old Oct 7th, 2006, 11:06 am

Come on guys....I have a GT, but the Pan European has been a good and dependable bike for 4 years now. Here in Europe they still have pretty good second hand value. Appreciate what you have and don't sit on the competition.
post #10 of 49 (permalink) Old Oct 7th, 2006, 11:26 am

Feel better

If it makes you guys feel better, Cycle World just rode the KGT and FJR in a Utah ironbutt rally. They picked the KGT as the better bike, overall.

Keep a high visual horizon,
Bob

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode