New Wheels, Hayabusa, FL Hwy Patr, Good Luck - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 43 (permalink) Old Oct 8th, 2006, 4:10 pm Thread Starter
Veteran

New Wheels, Hayabusa, FL Hwy Patr, Good Luck

Went down to BMW Daytona to have new wheels put on the GT. I always liked the 'black' wheels on the KR and wondered about putting the gray/graphite wheels. Well, Miles Miller, of Site Historian fame suggested, dont get the wimpy 'R' black wheels, why not the larger rear wheel along with the spider web wheels on the S? Hmmmm. Can it really be done Miles? Well, he was indeed correct. Attached are some pix. I really think they look good and give the GT a kind of 'bad boy' look.

On my way down to Daytona, on the superslab, well, a Hayabusa wanted to 'play'. Had the GT up to, well, let's say, very fast. Hayabusa of course could probably blow me away, but we had fun. He pulled off at one of the exits and I slowly dropped down to 'legal' or close, and was boxed in by 3 cars all traveling at the same speed in all 3 lanes. GMAFB! So, patiently await someone to 'give' and lo and behold, a big speed trap run by the FHP, with LASER or whatnot . . . V1 didn't even sputter. Thank goodness for the three lane hogs or I could have been typing this from who knows where.

With regards to V7.0 on the engine upgrade. Had it done, 20 minutes is all it took, and while I had no problems prior to, I find it hard to believe how smooth it is. One of our prominent brethren suggested is more like spooling up an electric motor! Wow.

And of course we all know, "loud pipes save lives", couldn't resist the Remus stainless muffler. Dealer said they weighed the orig and the Remus and we shed 12 lbs. Not bad! And without the baffle it does sound sweet . . . not raucaus and at cruise speed, not much difference.

Dark gray may not be for everyone, but I love it.

PS: I thought I was getting Metzeler M3's, apparently they put on the Z6's???
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	GTSideWheel.JPG
Views:	393
Size:	101.0 KB
ID:	3596   Click image for larger version

Name:	GTWheel.JPG
Views:	256
Size:	81.5 KB
ID:	3597  

John
Jacksonville, FL, USA
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 43 (permalink) Old Oct 8th, 2006, 4:31 pm
no power in the 'verse can stop me

Looks very nice John.

tim-----still on the right side of the frostline

you can't stop the signal
post #3 of 43 (permalink) Old Oct 8th, 2006, 4:45 pm
Statmaster

Hey John,

Very sweet!

Become a Supporting Member of K-Bikes.com
'04 Sprint RS Caspian Blue

Last edited by eljeffe; Oct 8th, 2006 at 5:01 pm.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 43 (permalink) Old Oct 8th, 2006, 5:40 pm

nice wheels john
glad you didn't get a ticket
hmmmmmmmm
i didn't know you got the REMUS.
so, how is the sound in comparison?
post #5 of 43 (permalink) Old Oct 8th, 2006, 5:45 pm Thread Starter
Veteran

The sound is awesome Greg. Not obnoxious but very gratifying. In 6th cruising at 80 just a low, low exhaust note. Whack the throttle in any gear and it's very, very nice. With my Etymotic earplugs, iPod/XM just feel a rumble in the 'tummy'.

John
Jacksonville, FL, USA
post #6 of 43 (permalink) Old Oct 8th, 2006, 5:47 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpalamaro
The sound is awesome Greg. Not obnoxious but very gratifying. In 6th cruising at 80 just a low, low exhaust note. Whack the throttle in any gear and it's very, very nice. With my Etymotic earplugs, iPod/XM just feel a rumble in the 'tummy'.
great....
now there something ELSE i can buy while i await the RETURN of my GT

add it to the list

Shoei RF-1000 Diabolic 2 TC-5

autocom Pro AVi

and the Remus
post #7 of 43 (permalink) Old Oct 8th, 2006, 5:48 pm

oh....
that's 2 helmets, by the way.....
and...... as soon as they arrive at my dealer, they will ship them to autom in NY..... to be APPROPRIATELY fitted with the headsets and mics by THEIR professionals.... as there is an AMBIENT SOUND SENSOR on this model to increase the effectiveness of the VOX
post #8 of 43 (permalink) Old Oct 8th, 2006, 7:06 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClearwaterBMW
oh....
that's 2 helmets, by the way.....
and...... as soon as they arrive at my dealer, they will ship them to autom in NY..... to be APPROPRIATELY fitted with the headsets and mics by THEIR professionals.... as there is an AMBIENT SOUND SENSOR on this model to increase the effectiveness of the VOX
I have that model of the Autocom on mine, and the sound sensor is to increase the loudness of the sound in the ears as the speed or noise increases in the helmet. Works great, but doesn't do anything to the VOX setting that I can tell.

The multitude of adjustments on the AVI Autocom are a definite advancement over the previous models, but with so many adjustments, it takes a bit of fiddling to get everything just right. You may prefer to set it up yourself, as the settings are would vary a bit for each person I think.

My only complaint about the audio system so far, is that I seem to have a bit of interference in the UHF band, that keeps tripping my squelch when my handheld is on the UHF ham band (I'm sure that is NOT the fault of the Autocom system, but is coming from somewhere on the motorcycle). The two meter frequencies work great though, as does my XM radio, Valentine one radar detector, and my Garmin 2610.
post #9 of 43 (permalink) Old Oct 8th, 2006, 7:09 pm

John,

Those wheels look very cool.

The exhaust sure looks better than stock too, but I hope it isn't too offensive :p
post #10 of 43 (permalink) Old Oct 8th, 2006, 8:10 pm

Nice looking wheels... I wish the bike came with the wheel that you got, instead of the wheels that is the same as RT.

I wonder how much those wheels cost? Can you take some pictures of the front wheel, and the whole bike view from the side?

Thanks!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode