So is the rush over? - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old Oct 14th, 2006, 11:47 pm Thread Starter

So is the rush over?

I was amused to find that of the three BMW dealerships within driving distance of me, all three have 2 to 3 GT's on the show room floor. And one place said thier white (light gray?) had been there about a week.

Guess I will hold off on putting a deposit down and just go buy the stupid thing LOL.

Oh yeah, and South Sound BMW tech dude adamantly refused to believe me that there was any kind of updated mapping with CIP 7.0 like you guys have been talking about. He said I was "listening to the internet without knowing what I was talking about".

Last edited by Gorf; Oct 15th, 2006 at 12:25 am.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old Oct 15th, 2006, 12:46 pm

what I would do....then

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorf
I was amused to find that of the three BMW dealerships within driving distance of me, all three have 2 to 3 GT's on the show room floor. And one place said thier white (light gray?) had been there about a week.

Guess I will hold off on putting a deposit down and just go buy the stupid thing LOL.

Oh yeah, and South Sound BMW tech dude adamantly refused to believe me that there was any kind of updated mapping with CIP 7.0 like you guys have been talking about. He said I was "listening to the internet without knowing what I was talking about".

I would not buy from a dealer that had employees that talked to customers or prospective customer that way and I would talk to the "owner".

The proper response would have been....thank's for the information the next time I get a Kgt on the computer I will see what it says and call someone at MotorRad.

Buy the bike from a knowledgeable dealer/network.....

Cheers.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old Oct 15th, 2006, 3:47 pm
Enthusiast

Quote:
He's a little behind the curve. The CIP 7.0 update was announced in a bulletin in August. There has even been an update since 7.0 came out. It was a minor update to 7.0 correcting the failures encountered when updating the later production K1200GT models. The bulletin for CIP 7.0.1 was issued last month.

There may very well be some misinformation spread on the internet, but you won't find it here. You might suggest to your dealer that they take a look at this site - we have several reputable dealers as supporters. We wouldn't have that support if we weren't careful to make sure our members stick to the facts.

Click
here to become a Supporting Member of K-Bikes.com

Randy Prade,
Aurora, CO

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old Oct 15th, 2006, 5:19 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by randy
There has even been an update since 7.0 came out. It was a minor update to 7.0 correcting the failures encountered when updating the later production K1200GT models. The bulletin for CIP 7.0.1 was issued last month.
I can confirm that the 7.0.1 update is out with dealers, certainly in the UK, as my 07 bike was upgraded 2 weeks ago, during its first service, to overcome a tendancy for the engine to cut out if it was started again while still hot (The 7.0 upgrade was done at the PDI).
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old Oct 15th, 2006, 6:03 pm
Veteran

Quote:
Now that's SCARY!

Why don't you make him a wager for a free service?
Oh, never mind. He hasn't read the manual yet.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode