Headlight Taillight Modulator - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 20 (permalink) Old Oct 15th, 2006, 3:13 am Thread Starter

Headlight Taillight Modulator

Hi All,

Wondering if anyone put headlight or/and taillight modulator on your 06+ K12GT?

I was thinking of putting Headlight/taillight modulator on my bike but was afraid that computer wouldn't like it.

Will this work for taillight? http://www.signaldynamics.com/products/Modules/xp.asp

What headlight modulator will work on our bike?

Thanks in advance.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 (permalink) Old Oct 15th, 2006, 5:52 am
Veteran

I have the head light and tail light modulator and love them....i only use the head light modulator on the freeway and it wakes up lane campers on cell phones...at first i used it all the time but i noticed around town that some drivers at intersections thought they were getting the flash to pull out and go....so now i use it just for hi way....i have a cap that goes over the sensor during the day time so as to have my hi beam for the city....as for the tail light...awwwwsome......can be seen from soooo far away....i added the led plate frame to mine also.......best thing i think i ever bought.....little$ but worth every penny....as for that type of modulator...im not sure if the new gt have led tail light or not....i have an 04...my tail lamp is an led that goes in to replace the bulb and its all self contained.....pop it in... strobe is somewhat adjustable......as for the head light i went with the path blazer.....that is also adjustable...only to set up the time of day it comes on ..or i should say goes out....but like i said...not sure about the new gt

Last edited by BAK04GT; Oct 15th, 2006 at 6:01 am.
post #3 of 20 (permalink) Old Oct 15th, 2006, 12:53 pm
Strafist

The 04 is a world of difference away from the 06 GT with the Canbus system. I haven't heard of a modulator that will work with the Canbus yet. Pirate and Raffy (Moto Gear 4 You) sell neat license plate thangs

-=grif=-
What was that middle thang?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 20 (permalink) Old Oct 15th, 2006, 2:26 pm
Capn' Blowhard

I put the Run N Lite rear frame plate on my '07 GT with no problems - works great and the canbus hasn't puked.

It's a really nice upgrade I think - like stated above, you can be seen for a looooong ways off. Install was easy but I did a bit of custom work to have all wires hidden and contained behind the rear hugger. Drop me a line if you're interested in pics and I'll take a few.

I bought mine from Pirates Lair.

'07 BMW K1200GT
'06 Ducati Classic Sport 1000 Monoposto
K7 GSX-R 1000
"Oh, somewhere deep inside of these bones, an emptiness began to grow. There's something out there, far from my home, a longing that I've never known..."
post #5 of 20 (permalink) Old Oct 15th, 2006, 8:28 pm Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexus-6
I put the Run N Lite rear frame plate on my '07 GT with no problems - works great and the canbus hasn't puked.

It's a really nice upgrade I think - like stated above, you can be seen for a looooong ways off. Install was easy but I did a bit of custom work to have all wires hidden and contained behind the rear hugger. Drop me a line if you're interested in pics and I'll take a few.

I bought mine from Pirates Lair.
Could you post yours? I like to see how it looks.

I guess no company make any kind of plug and play headlight and taillight modulator yet... I meant plug in, not additonal... extra light in the back might be good idea.

Thanks.
post #6 of 20 (permalink) Old Oct 15th, 2006, 8:41 pm
Addict-oholic

I purchased the Kissan license plate frame with turn signals and flashing stop light. It works well but the brightness of the stop light could be better.
It works perfectly on my 06 GT. I ran the power wire to the accesory plug wire. The tail light stays lit for 30 seconds after the ignition is shut off. I may move it to the parking light circuit, when I have my motolights installed this week.

Larry
Deep Blue 2009 K1300GT
post #7 of 20 (permalink) Old Oct 15th, 2006, 8:52 pm
Strafist

Quote:
Originally Posted by LA-K12GT
Could you post yours? I like to see how it looks.

I guess no company make any kind of plug and play headlight and taillight modulator yet... I meant plug in, not additonal... extra light in the back might be good idea.

Thanks.
Hey Sunny, here's a pic of mine. The two outer LEDs strobe about 8 times and then go solid when you brake. The middle acts as a running light and lights up solid on braking.

It's kinda plug and play, if you want to go that route. The kit comes with some Scotchlocks (throw them away, they don't belong on a bike with weather, vibration, etc.) and two, dual tang plugs. You unplug one of the brake lights, plug the dual tang in and the put OEM plugs and Running Light plugs on. Since the GT has only one wire that operates running light and brake light and the Running Light has three wires, gray, black and brown (IIRC) you simply twist the grey and black together and crimp them into one of the dual tangs. The brown is ground and will go to the brown wire of the stop light using a dual tang.

I didn't use the dual tangs, I cut and soldered. You will have to drill a hole into the mud flap to get the wires to the back of the mud flap. Then up into the stop light cavity. There's a slit that lead up into it and it's easy to get to.

-=grif=-
What was that middle thang?
post #8 of 20 (permalink) Old Oct 15th, 2006, 9:39 pm Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by grifscoots
Hey Sunny, here's a pic of mine. The two outer LEDs strobe about 8 times and then go solid when you brake. The middle acts as a running light and lights up solid on braking.

It's kinda plug and play, if you want to go that route. The kit comes with some Scotchlocks (throw them away, they don't belong on a bike with weather, vibration, etc.) and two, dual tang plugs. You unplug one of the brake lights, plug the dual tang in and the put OEM plugs and Running Light plugs on. Since the GT has only one wire that operates running light and brake light and the Running Light has three wires, gray, black and brown (IIRC) you simply twist the grey and black together and crimp them into one of the dual tangs. The brown is ground and will go to the brown wire of the stop light using a dual tang.

I didn't use the dual tangs, I cut and soldered. You will have to drill a hole into the mud flap to get the wires to the back of the mud flap. Then up into the stop light cavity. There's a slit that lead up into it and it's easy to get to.

Thanks. Looks Good! I will look into it.

Did you add on mub flap? Yours look quite a bit longer then the standard GT's. Is it a BMW accessory?
post #9 of 20 (permalink) Old Oct 16th, 2006, 6:24 am
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LA-K12GT
Thanks. Looks Good! I will look into it.

Did you add on mub flap? Yours look quite a bit longer then the standard GT's. Is it a BMW accessory?

That's the "secret" accessory!

Actually, it's already on your bike. Look just below the license plate. You'll see a hex nut. On the back side is a torx (forget the size, but the included tools work) loosen it and you've got about 5" of adjustable mudflap range. Re-tighten when you've got the desired length.

Grif, your farkling is paying off very nicely. Your bike is reaching a great state of personalization and long-distance preparedness. I'm jealous.

Chris
NS, Canada

IBA, MOA, ONS

The mind knows no speed limit.

'06 GT - CGM "Katie"
'84 Airhead "Rita"
post #10 of 20 (permalink) Old Oct 17th, 2006, 8:11 pm Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKIZIKS
That's the "secret" accessory!

Actually, it's already on your bike. Look just below the license plate. You'll see a hex nut. On the back side is a torx (forget the size, but the included tools work) loosen it and you've got about 5" of adjustable mudflap range. Re-tighten when you've got the desired length.

Grif, your farkling is paying off very nicely. Your bike is reaching a great state of personalization and long-distance preparedness. I'm jealous.
I check my bike... The mud guard piece is not there... :wtf

Possible that my bike didn't come with it cause it's a california model? Can someone from california check yours?

Thanks.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode