Can't wait to get it home !!!! - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old Oct 15th, 2006, 7:46 pm Thread Starter

Can't wait to get it home !!!!

Hi all:

I'm new to this forum. I've been spending my time since 2001 over on the BMWST.com forum.

Now that I've purchased a new 07 K1200GT (CGM) and my 02 R1150RT is for sale I'll be spending time over here learning, listening and sharing experiences about my new ride. Can't wait to "meet" you all !!!! Hubby has an 01 KRS (Silver/Blue). He's not the chatty one in the family but now that I'm a brick owner also we'll be spending some fun time here.

The bike comes home this weekend, weather provided !!!! Wish me luck. There's not much left to the season and I at least want to get the break in miles on her and the first service done.

See you 'round !!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old Oct 15th, 2006, 8:07 pm
Veteran

Welcome "home" Laura.

Chris
NS, Canada

IBA, MOA, ONS

The mind knows no speed limit.

'06 GT - CGM "Katie"
'84 Airhead "Rita"
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old Oct 15th, 2006, 8:09 pm
Rookie

Welcome and congratulations on the new bike.

Folks here have some great info on the KGT much like the info on BMWST only a bit fewer in number.

Please keep us updated on your experience and thoughts on the KGT. I'm really interested to hear what new riders think of it as it's been in serious consideration for a Spring purchase.

Hopefully the weather will cooperate long enough for some good, long rides.

Good luck!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old Oct 15th, 2006, 8:25 pm
Addict-oholic

Election day

There's a small group of riders, mostly BMW, that take a day trip to Chatham, NY from Westchester county. It is about 2 1/2 hours each way. We usually meet for breakfast at a hotel in White Plains and then travel up to Chatham, where on of our group has a beautiful home and votes locally. We then adjour to a nearby restaurant for lunch and a leisurely ride home arriving just aroun dusk.

This year I am riding my newly purchased 06 GT that now has about 2000 miles on it. I am still thrilled about it's performance.

All are welcome to share this ride. Let me know as the date gets closer, as to who on this forum would like to join us. We go in almost any weather except snow. We don't let the cold bother us..

Welcome to the "in" crowd.

Larry
Deep Blue 2009 K1300GT
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old Oct 15th, 2006, 8:35 pm
Strafist

Quote:
Originally Posted by martink12rs
Hi all:

but now that I'm a brick owner
Hey Laura, Long wait till the weekend, huh? I waited an eternity for mine to come from Germany, rode her home and then tore her down to put toys on.

The bike is a total joy and you're gonna absolutely love it!!!!

Here's wishing you good luck and welcome to the board.

pssst- it's not a brick, I don't think a name has been thought of for the new engine yet, so here's something for you to do, besides going crazy waiting, till your bike gets here.

-=grif=-
What was that middle thang?
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old Oct 16th, 2006, 7:40 am Thread Starter

Thank you for the welcome.....

Thank you all for the welcome to the forum.................yes, it'll be a long wait until the weekend and I have a chance to get her home in the garage with her other stablemates.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old Oct 16th, 2006, 9:10 am

Waiting to pick mine up this week too.

Maybe it's the contract I'm closing down with two weeks left, or the last couple employees I'm trying to find a home for or both. But, all I can do is stare at the wallpaper and think about leaving a vapor trail on that fresh picked, farm fresh, K12GT that will be glistening in the crisp autum air with my name on it at the end of the week!

Taking some time off after the 30th (and this contract) and the GT is my therapy!

Brian
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old Oct 17th, 2006, 9:25 am Thread Starter

Pulled the plug.............

...........after making room in the garage for a fourth bike and clearing space in the basement for yet another set of luggage through the winter I woke up this morning and new I had to cancel the deal on the GT. Hard to explain but it's not the right time right now. I just love this bike and in the spring I'll reconsider joining the KGT fan club. Until then,,,,,you all enjoy those beautiful machines and I'll see you on the road on my Aquamint RT.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old Oct 17th, 2006, 6:49 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by martink12rs
...........after making room in the garage for a fourth bike and clearing space in the basement for yet another set of luggage through the winter I woke up this morning and new I had to cancel the deal on the GT. Hard to explain but it's not the right time right now. I just love this bike and in the spring I'll reconsider joining the KGT fan club. Until then,,,,,you all enjoy those beautiful machines and I'll see you on the road on my Aquamint RT.
Sorry to hear that you are not getting the K1200GT.

I almost didn't buy my 06 K1200GT also... What ever your reason is... Good luck and safe riding.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode