Rattling Clutch - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old Oct 16th, 2006, 7:44 am Thread Starter

Rattling Clutch

Hi,

3 weeks ago I did a 8 day, 2700 mile ride through the Alps (yes, I should make a trip report...), and among another small CB windshield problem (more on that later...), on the last day, returning home, when doing a stop to pull on some raingear, I noticed my clutch making a rattling noise when in neutral.

When revving up the noise increased, when engaging the clutch lever it disappeared, to come back when I released the lever.

The bike had run for at least 4 hours at higher speeds (in the 90-100 mph zone), so was really at 'operating' temperature.

This weekend, after a 150 mile ride I heard the same rattling, allthough it was not as pronounced as after the 4 hour highway ride. Average speed was also a lot less (twisties in the Ardennes).

I will mention it to my dealer at the 6000 miles maintenance, but do you guys already have any idea what this rattling could be? Problems ahead?

Rgds

Luc
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old Oct 16th, 2006, 8:03 am
The Gov

I can hear something when I let it idle in neutral, also feel it in the seat. That said, I could hear similar noises on my oilheads and most other bikes. I think most of it is coming from the transmission, not really the clutch and I'm not worrying about it.

Phil Space
Springfield, VA
2007 K1200GT the road beast
2009 F800GS - My little adventure bike.
2007 F800ST - Her's, but I can ride it.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old Oct 16th, 2006, 11:19 am
Rookie

See if this thread is of any help - http://www.k-bikes.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5945

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode