BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

K1200GT (The Next Generation) Forum or NOT

4K views 28 replies 14 participants last post by  Razel 
#1 ·
At great risk of incurring the wraith of the members of this forum, I'm disappointed at the willingness to promote other makes and models on this website. While it is certainly healthy to discuss and compare the new KGT with other makes and models I don't think it is appropriate to openly promote other makes on this forum. If I wanted to ride another make I would. If I wanted to know about another make I'd go to their website or forum. I became a member of this website and forum because I ride and enjoy BMW motorcycles and in particular the new KGT. It appears that I have mistaken what this forum's purpose is and while I've truly enjoyed participating in some of the discussions and learning from other's experiences on the KGT I'm signing off.

Safe riding to all.

John
06 CGM (still the fastest color) KGT

#27 ·
shook sez said:
Well, there's the problem.

If I may be so bold as to offer a little unsolicited advice...

Next time you're feeling a little stressed, take a ride on your bike
like the rest of us do. It's obvious that running off to Hawaii
isn't the answer what with earthquakes and tropical storms
and what-not. :)
Tim...the only motorcycle rentals available in Kona are Harley's...

Hello, Rock. Hello, Hardplace.
:hypocrite

#28 ·
Tim...the only motorcycle rentals available in Kona are Harley's...

Hello, Rock. Hello, Hardplace.
Don't think that I didn't think about it either! Believe it or not there's two, count'm two Harley dealers on the big island and there are only about three main roads. If you ride all the way around and back to your starting point you've gone maybe 600 miles. I admire all that truly enjoy Hawaii and those that have made it their home but I couldn't live there. Besides, I felt like a walking wallet! Talk about expensive...hooooweeee!

#29 ·
Rentals aren't supposed to be driven on Saddle Road, which is the one that traverses the island. No idea why they have that restriction, either, unless it's the military base you're crossing, and activity related to the military causes anxiety with the rental folks...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.