Picked up the GT - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old Oct 20th, 2006, 5:06 pm Thread Starter

Picked up the GT

Usually you get sick in advance of something your inner child wants that you're depriving it or when you're forcing yourself to do something you don't want to do and that little guy wreaks havoc again to make you sick. Oddly, I think it was my inner adult that did it this time but whoever it was I was unable to take delivery of the new bike yesterday as I was flat on my ass doing the "just kill me now" 103.5-degree-fever-sick-as-a-dog rock and mambo. A handfull of Advil, a blistering cup o' coffee, and bucking it up enough to convince Scottie that that I was well enough "got me to the church on time."

I walk into to Morton's abround 12:30 today and there she is in all of her dark graphite metallic beauty with the gray saddle and granite-slate tank panel. The 49l top case begging to be paint matched so it stops making her butt look fat. The Navi-III mounted like it came outta the factory with it and concealed so slightly under the little black cover. I swear I heard her whinny, eager to flex her legs, ready to run, ready to get me back home because in the hour and a half drive to the dealership the advil/coffee mojo was wearing off and the tendrils of "doo-doo" were begining to wrap around how I was feeling. Oh yes, the GT looks better in person than in pictures but it looks even better whens she's yours!

The wind is blowing pretty good today with gusts up to 18 or so but other than the broadsides the riding is so effortless. Did about 25 miles on 95N and then backroads home I'm glad I ordered the +4+3 CB the other day as it'll help on rides with more weather/wind - I notice a lot of buffeting on my shoulders but more so on the interstate. The Navi-III is a great little tool, they've done a good job with it (better than the Pioneer AVIC in my LR3). I'm suprised that you can use it while riding though! Definately want to get the bag liners and the pannier protectors. Probably order the tool kit too.

Pulled into the cul de sac and my neighbor is in his garage eroticizing all over his Softail Deluxe as is his daily routine and I park in front of his house for a look see. Chris isn't usually speechless... he's a bike nut too and can't get over the fit, finish and build. He says it looks like the "space freakin shuttle."

What a great bike. I feel like luke warm crap on a rainy day, but it's not from spending the last hour and 45 on a bike. That ride home, with the wind, on the Vic -- fahget aboudit. I'll get some pictures and play more with it tomorrow... the water is boiling and there's some white tea waiting for me to pour scalding water over it. I wish the garage was heated so I could sleep next to it :p ahhhhhhhh....

Last edited by backpain; Oct 20th, 2006 at 5:17 pm.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old Oct 20th, 2006, 5:09 pm

brian
i'm glad you made it home safely
i can FULLY understand your thought about getting home at all cost, despite your body telling you otherwise

get some sleep my friend
the graphite/49L topcase and Nav iii are looking pretty good in my garage as well

i can't wait to see YOUR pictures

thanks for taking the time to post
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old Oct 20th, 2006, 9:19 pm

Brian - Nice post and congratulations! I'm going to be riding around Luray environs (WV more than likely) Saturday and Sunday with a friend (on his Duc multistrada) for some twistie action. Come on over the mountains and lets have some fun!
Greg

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode