Cardo Scala-Rider TeamSet Intercom-- REVIEW - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old Oct 24th, 2006, 12:26 pm Thread Starter

Cardo Scala-Rider TeamSet Intercom-- REVIEW

Got one of these Scala Rider Team Sets about 3 weeks ago. This system includes a helmet-mounted mic and speakers for both the passenger and the driver. The passenger and driver can then communicate over BlueTooth with NO WIRES. The driver set also interfaces with other BlueTooth gadgets (like the NAV III).

This system WORKS. Very easy to install in each helmet (we have Shoei's) and the rechargeable batteries last a long time. My wife and I have used it on many trips on my new KGT. The volume level is pretty good...in fact, I have to frequently turn the volume down so my wife's voice doesn't blast me. The volume is noise sensitive-- goes up with higher ambient noise. The mics are very direction sensitive...you need to have them right up to your mouth for the other person to hear you well.

The intercom works in a VOX mode. When activated, it stays on until nothing is said for about 25 seconds...then turns off. The driver or passenger can reactivate the intercom by saying something. We found that you need to make an extended sound to reactivate the intercom...something like AHHHHHH (like you are having your throat checked). If you just say a short word (e.g., "Talk"), the system will frequently not come out of standby.

When the NAV III says something (driving directions), the intercom is overrided.

Summary: Quality seems good. It works. No wires.

Got it direct from Cardo.

Mike
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old Oct 24th, 2006, 12:56 pm
Enthusiast

Good review, Mike. Good to hear the Team Set works as well as the single. I have used it (the single) with great success for a couple of months now, i.e., 2820 Nav, MP3 and Treo 650 all at speed. Wires who needs 'em, won't have them again! Thanks,

"The more people I meet the more I love my dog !"

07 K1200 GT deep blue metallic
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old Oct 24th, 2006, 5:20 pm

Thanks Mike-
Are the accessory connections fairly straight forward? Things like IPOD, gps, xm radio etc.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old Oct 24th, 2006, 5:29 pm Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbhunter
Thanks Mike-
Are the accessory connections fairly straight forward? Things like IPOD, gps, xm radio etc.
You can't attach any accessories to this system. Everything is helmet mounted so there is no box to attach these kinds of accessories to.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old Oct 24th, 2006, 7:09 pm

I assume since it's bluetooth you can "pair" it to any compatible bluetooth device. Several people make bluetooth stereo transmitters to work with bluetooth headphones. I figure you can plug that into your Garmin, or your comunication setup to use with this system. Jabra makes a unit marketed through GN Netcom that has both a microphone and stereo speaker interface that should allow you to hook into a com system that has a CB etc to transmit to the Bluetooth. This device also has rechargable batteries, although you could hook it up to the bike power with a switchable dv power source like Radio Shack makes. I think Scala is also working on a bike based bluetooth unit to handle multiple inputs from the bike.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode