You're not whiny little bitches... - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old Oct 24th, 2006, 7:25 pm Thread Starter

You're not whiny little bitches...

I just traded in my 05 R1200GS for an 06 K1200GT. I had to admit that I'm almost 50 and not being able to touch the ground at a stop was getting to be too much work. I, by the way, LOVE THIS BIKE. I've also noticed that the people on this site are not whiny little bitches like over at the R1200 forum at ADVrider. There are also far less posts which would indicate the people with GT's are out riding their bikes instead of whining about them! OK - I know I'll take some crap from people who own both bikes, but I'm just saying... Don't get me wrong - I liked my GS. They look better in the mirror than the Harley's do!

I want to get a translucent warning tag like you see on the car mirrors - you know "objects in mirror are much closer than they appear", but for the windshield that says "Objects in windshield are going much slower than they appear." Man, vehicles come up so fast I think they're going backwards.

Please don't take any of these insults personally - I just got back from a ride and I'm always wound up and full of it when I get off this GT.

Bob
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old Oct 24th, 2006, 7:44 pm

Did the trade

Bob, welcome. I'm not sure that the R1200 people are bigger whiners or it's just a larger sample size. As a percentage, I think that it might be about the same based on the number of users I see on both sites.

As an aside, I think the biggest whiner I have seen in a long time was the guy who wrote to the BMWMOA to complain about the volume of the horn on the GT and was waiting to hear about BMW buying the bike back for the "obvious dangerous design".

That being said, I went from R12GS to the GT and although it was a bit of an adjustment, I'm very happy. The R12 is a great all around bike, but when you look yourself in the mirros and realize that you are not going to the Cape of Good Hope anytime good, a great street bike like the GT is a breath of fresh air. Street tires, street ergos, street motor... yes!

Now about those speeding tickets I'm afraid are in the future...

JC

Last edited by jcolombo; Oct 24th, 2006 at 10:04 pm. Reason: Grammar
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old Oct 24th, 2006, 8:02 pm Thread Starter

Yea - I was really stunned by that letter. In the same issue as complaining about BMW dealers going under. I wonder why... I have yet to get a real horn on a bike from the factory. The asian bikes are much worse. My dog has a louder squeak toy. And didn't that guy try the horn before he bought the bike? I'd think if it was that important to him he would have. Not to mention it costs me all of $35.00 and an hour labor to switch over to Stebel air horns. My GS was fun around here, but the wind on the highway was too much and there's no comparing the power. So what did I do about it? Did I demand a new bike? Hell no - I went and laid down some cash and have never looked back!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old Oct 24th, 2006, 8:10 pm

I saw that letter too. I thought to myself "I sure am glad you aren't one of my customers."

Brian
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old Oct 25th, 2006, 8:36 am

I just bought new GT also in S.W. Florida. Dealer there was the lucky one on the guy with the horn. Factory authorized them to install dual horn set from 05 RT which is considerably better. I own both bikes. I also think this buyer must be a little screwed up.
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old Oct 25th, 2006, 8:56 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEFFMOHL
I just bought new GT also in S.W. Florida. Dealer there was the lucky one on the guy with the horn. Factory authorized them to install dual horn set from 05 RT which is considerably better. I own both bikes. I also think this buyer must be a little screwed up.
That is just proof that the squeaky wheel gets the grease. But the other half to that is that the well mannered and reasonable tire gets maintenance, rotation, factory spec air inflation and a nice coat of armor all.

Brian
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old Oct 25th, 2006, 9:00 am
Enthusiast

Bobco can you even get the GT up to full speed on the island?

06 K1200 GT deep blue metallic
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old Oct 25th, 2006, 10:47 am Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MassGT
Bobco can you even get the GT up to full speed on the island?
Hell no - that's what the first mile of I495 is for! I can see you understand as you have one of the faster blue colored ones as well.
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old Oct 25th, 2006, 8:51 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEFFMOHL
Factory authorized them to install dual horn set from 05 RT which is considerably better.
That actually sounds like a good idea (because, in fact, the horns could use a bit more umph). I see the assembly from the Max BMW Fische. Has anyone here tried this?
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old Oct 26th, 2006, 5:40 am Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcolombo
That actually sounds like a good idea (because, in fact, the horns could use a bit more umph). I see the assembly from the Max BMW Fische. Has anyone here tried this?
I just wonder how they compare in performance to the Stebel air horns that ar $35.00?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode