Just Sell it or Don't Buy it! - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 22 (permalink) Old Oct 26th, 2006, 10:21 am Thread Starter

Just Sell it or Don't Buy it!

I am in no way a rabid K1200GT enthusiast, not an apologist, BUT MY GOD!!!!

pissyRant( ) {

I am not sure why some people here bought their bikes or why they continue to own them. The vast majority of posts here are getting to be really whiny. Lets quantify (in no particular order)...

1) Crappy kickstand
2) bad fuel gauge
3) bad software causing all sorts of bad stuff to happen
4) bad seat
6) loud brakes
7) clunky shifting
8) poor (insert adjective) dealers
9) wont start
10) wont stay lit
12) clock doesn't work
13) Rear drive
14) Auto cancel turn signals
15) Horn (one guy wanted BMWNA to buy back his bike because of the horn)

I admit I have even experienced a couple of these issues myself. It just seems lately that there have been a lot of people really upset about their bike. All of this has even prompted one person to start a thread entitled "Anyone Not Having Problems?"

I guess I am wondering why people are continuing to by these bikes, and the used marked is not flooded with cast offs? The tenor to some of these posts and the word choices used in them lead me to believe that some may think that this bike is the biggest POS they have ever owned, and/or BMW and it engineers are complete idiots.

I am not sure what the problem is. Maybe it's me and the fact that I didn't get hugged enough as a child.

} // eof

Go Packers!

Brian (wearing NOMEX under 'stich)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 22 (permalink) Old Oct 26th, 2006, 10:54 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnblazer

Brian (wearing NOMEX under 'stich)
hmmmmmm
you better put an EXTRA layer of NOMEX on your "package!"

your points are well-taken

i LOVE my GT...
even more now that they replaced by brake master cylinder and it is no longer leaking :p
post #3 of 22 (permalink) Old Oct 26th, 2006, 11:10 am
Addict

AHHH....nothing like a good healthy rant! According to my shrink, you should be feeling much better now. I know that it works for me. That and the meds. The problem is that one person's door ding is another person's crater. I think that the KGT is a brand new machine with some brand new teething problems and that the dust just needs to settle. When it does most of the nits will go away. I've said several times already and I'll continue to say it, the KGT is absolutely THE BEST motorcycle I have ever had the pleasure to ride and own and that's with over 40 years of non-stop riding experience. If it makes you and anyone else feel any better, the latest issue of Cycle World almost raved about the 07 KGT even compared to the new FJR.

We can always start and ANTI-PROBLEM support group.

John
06 CGM KGT

Last edited by John06KGT; Oct 26th, 2006 at 1:30 pm.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 22 (permalink) Old Oct 26th, 2006, 11:19 am
Rider Journeyman

Howdy Brian,

It would seem that the closer we get to the bad riding weather, those that don't ride in it get a bigger and bigger dose of buyer's remorse.

Bill "Omaha"

"Life may have begun at 44, but it didn't get thrilling until I shot past 100"

'06 K1200R "Wolfgang" White Aluminum Metallic, FB 6/7/05
'04 K1200LT "Dieter" Titan Silver, FB 4/23/04
RCB, AMA, BMWMOA, Booze Brother "in training"
post #5 of 22 (permalink) Old Oct 26th, 2006, 12:05 pm
Noob

Just like you, it's nice to rant occasionally, if just to feel better. The K12GT is still the best bike I've ever owned.

Lynn Clark
post #6 of 22 (permalink) Old Oct 26th, 2006, 12:26 pm

<rant-back-at you>
Talk about whining and complaining. Did you really think it was necessary to start a second thread on this topic?

Special interest forums aren't just for talking about gadgets and road trips. It's also a place to discuss solutions to common problems(even if small), and bigger problems the dealers may not yet have much experience solving. If you don't want to read complaints or crys for help, don't join/read any internet enthusiast forums. Especially when a new model is the topic of discussion. They are all filled with discussions from people trying to solve problems.

As to why the market isn't flooded with used bikes. In my case, what am I to do? Sell a bike I don't consider to be running properly?( I wouldn't do that to the buyer). Trade it? And take a $5-8k beating on a bike I've only owned 4 months, without first trying to get it fixed? But, according to you, I shouldn't be looking for help on this forum either. I should just dump it and not bother you anymore.

<rant-off>
post #7 of 22 (permalink) Old Oct 26th, 2006, 12:26 pm
no power in the 'verse can stop me

Yeah, but....................................

They allegedly come in some really cool colors.
That counts for something, don't it?

tim-----still on the right side of the frostline

you can't stop the signal
post #8 of 22 (permalink) Old Oct 26th, 2006, 12:29 pm
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyOmaha
Howdy Brian,

It would seem that the closer we get to the bad riding weather, those that don't ride in it get a bigger and bigger dose of buyer's remorse.

I think you directly struck the nail. We will get more and more complaining as we get further into winter.

There are also a fair number of people who realize that they will get more attention with a negative post - even some who don't own the bike they are complaining about. On one of the other sites there was a guy who complained constantly about his bike. Almost every week it was another catastophic failure followed by play by descriptions of lawsuits and eventual buyback of his bike by the manufacturer. This saga continued for months. Then he went to another brand and another web community and started it over. Eventually someone tracked him down and found that he never owned either of the bikes in question and in fact wasn't even a rider. He just liked the attention garnered by complaining.

I'm looking out the window at several inches of snow today, but will likely be back on the bike tomorrow.

I couldn't be happier with my GT - but the seat did suck.

Click
here to become a Supporting Member of K-Bikes.com

Randy Prade,
Aurora, CO

post #9 of 22 (permalink) Old Oct 26th, 2006, 12:29 pm
Addict

I couldn't agree more. Although I ride an S, the same amount of whining goes on in the S forum... one of the worst whiners being a moderator. I'm getting very weary of reading this crap. Perhaps the whiners need to spend more time riding their bikes than their keyboards.

It's not the speed that kills, it's the rate at which the speed diminishes...
post #10 of 22 (permalink) Old Oct 26th, 2006, 1:00 pm

Talking

[QUOTE=randy] several inches of snow today, but will likely be back on the bike tomorrow.

Randy,
That's cuz you live in CO.<g> When I lived in Aurora. 6th & Havana was as far south and east as the city went. I should have listened to Mama and gone into?

Wanna be a GT owner. Have more in my S&S street tracker engine. More parts to come. Holy s#*t! A GT someday. Oh how I wish I had become involved in brain science like Greg. Or perhaps, rocket surgery.

Just jerkin' your chain, Greg. You guys be careful out there and someday I hope to join ya.
Dave

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode