Remus Revolution Exhaust - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old Oct 29th, 2006, 12:13 pm Thread Starter

Remus Revolution Exhaust

Just had a titanium one fitted by PDQ in Taplow, Bucks and am very happy with the first impresions on a 30 miles ride.

The pickup of the throttle is so quick now and it really wants to scream throught the revs. I do as well as the noise is so sweeeeet. Not sure about power figures and not interested really, my arse tells me its quicker. The Cat in the oem end can must strangle this motor.

I kept the legal baffle in as well, so it is not loud, just throaty and deep until it hits 5000 when it starts to bark.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old Oct 29th, 2006, 12:18 pm Thread Starter

Forgot to mention that I queried the supplied exhaust as it said for K1200S/R versions and not the GT.

However, it seems that all three of these bikes have the same exhaust fitted by BMW and you can buy an 'S' or 'R' end can from Remus and it will fit.

The end can is also shorter and narrower than oem and runs a lot cooler. It was ok to touch after a couple of mins which has made me happier as I have fitted lowered footrests for my pillion and her legs won't be in as much danger from heat.

Which is nice.

Last edited by wadham; Oct 29th, 2006 at 12:24 pm.
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old Oct 29th, 2006, 3:04 pm

Was at Morton's yesterday and a guy was getting the Remus kit installed - the whole shootin match - headers back. Sounded good, not too loud.

Can't imagine the throttle being quicker... something like +18 ponies with the whole kit. 170 ponies is pretty nuts!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old Oct 29th, 2006, 3:08 pm

If any of you guys want to part with your old can for reasonable money I'd be very interested. We re-work systems for the Honda VTX ( www.vtxexhaust.com ) and I'd love to get one of these apart and see what we can do with them. If interested send me a PM.

Thanks,

Bob Fynbo
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old Dec 13th, 2006, 4:46 am
I'm riding

Steve,

Did it require a connector for installation?

What are your impressions so far?
Is any maintenance needed for Ti?

TIA

Take care!

'06 K1200GT Blue (sold)
'09 F800GS Grey
'07 F800ST Blue - wife's(sold)
'09 F650GS Blue - wife's
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old Dec 13th, 2006, 6:50 am

http://www.motorsports-network.com/aremus/index.htm

According to this site:

"Remus non-carbon mufflers never need repacking & have lifetime warranty on packing!"

Which is what I would expect from any quality muffler manufacturer.
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old Dec 13th, 2006, 7:28 am
I'm riding

No, John, I did not mean re-packing.

AFAIK, there is a need to spary the Ti cans over by WD-40 and not to clean them with chemicals etc.
that my question was. :-))

Could anybody else with Titanium end share his/her experience, please?

Take care!

'06 K1200GT Blue (sold)
'09 F800GS Grey
'09 F650GS Blue - wife's
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old Dec 13th, 2006, 7:48 am

Sorry, answered the wrong question.

I had a Ti can on a 954, and my current Tuono. Neither was Remus, but it should apply. Never any special maintenance. I usually clean my bike with a cotton towel and a paint detailer, such as Meguires or Zaino. I clean my can with the same stuff. The detailers are 99% water, and have never left a residue. My cans have never tarnished, stained or spotted.

Hope this answer was better
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old Dec 13th, 2006, 9:10 am
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by easyman05
Steve,

Did it require a connector for installation?

What are your impressions so far?
Is any maintenance needed for Ti?

TIA
Yes you need to buy the connector as well as the pipe. I have the titanium one and there is no re packing ever. That was one reason I went with the Remus pipe. The other was nice sound above 5000 rpm. OBTW I removed the baffle and it is still not that loud. Money well spent for the fun factor.

06 K1200 GT deep blue metallic
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old Dec 13th, 2006, 11:42 am
I'm riding

Quote:
Originally Posted by MassGT
Yes you need to buy the connector as well as the pipe. I have the titanium one and there is no re packing ever. That was one reason I went with the Remus pipe. The other was nice sound above 5000 rpm. OBTW I removed the baffle and it is still not that loud. Money well spent for the fun factor.
Does yours have a CAT? For how long do you use it?
What about low RPM sound?

There is one '06 GT(also Blue :-)) with Remus end here and the sound is just irresistible, but..I heard Laser DS Hotcam Ti on a KS and was won:-0) Got info from Laser that they did not intend to produce mufflers for GT. So do not know what to do: to wait till they change their mind or to buy Remus.. Those long winter months make me sick - I was quite O.K. with the stock can when riding in summer...:-))

Take care!

'06 K1200GT Blue (sold)
'09 F800GS Grey
'09 F650GS Blue - wife's

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode