Still not put away - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old Nov 2nd, 2006, 3:29 pm Thread Starter

Still not put away

I just can't get up the courage and will to put this beautiful machine away for the season. I was out riding @ 7 am this morning for a few hundred miles @ 20 deg.! THe winds were blowing @ 25-30 out of the WSW and there were flurries too!

Just put the grips and seat on high (actually the grips got too hot), make sure hatches on the 'stich are fully battened, put on a sweatshirt, and away I go!

I have to admit I got some really weird looks from the cagers, and I didn't see any other 2 wheelers out.

As long as the streets stay ice free and dry, I think I will be at this most of the winter.

At least I wont get flat spots on the tires in storage!

Brian
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old Nov 2nd, 2006, 4:18 pm

Brian,

If you aren't in bed sick at this time let me know if you had the 7. update before your
ride. I always hear you guys from Wis are hearty warm blooded folks.

Phil
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old Nov 2nd, 2006, 4:26 pm Thread Starter

Up here in the Illinois State Park we like to call Wisconsin we do not mind the cold so much. What is great is that we all begin to bundle up when we go outside so you can't directly tell just how fat and ugly we really are.

I did not have the upgrade done when I was at Nick's today. We made a final adjustment to the throttle cables and took out all of the slack (there was a ton - about 3/4" of free travel). I am going to run it for a while this way and see if I notice any less bucking.

Brian
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old Nov 2nd, 2006, 4:54 pm
Addict

Hey Brian, I'll take your Illinois State Park winter riding as a challenge. While we don't get snow too often in the Willamette Valley, we do get freezing temperatures and ice. I'll bet that I ride at least once a week a to work through the winter months if you do. And to make it a fair bet, I'll even see if I can find you handle bar switch controlled, hydraulic snow plow farkle that bolts right up to front end of your KGT!

John
06 CGM KGT
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old Nov 2nd, 2006, 5:30 pm Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by John06KGT
Hey Brian, I'll take your Illinois State Park winter riding as a challenge. While we don't get snow too often in the Willamette Valley, we do get freezing temperatures and ice. I'll bet that I ride at least once a week a to work through the winter months if you do. And to make it a fair bet, I'll even see if I can find you handle bar switch controlled, hydraulic snow plow farkle that bolts right up to front end of your KGT!

John
06 CGM KGT
You're on. I think it would be cool (no pun intended) to ride this thing all winter. They do a good job of clearing the roads so I think I could ride at least once a week.

Having lived in Vancouver WA for a few years, I know about all of the ice problems. If I remember correctly, some called it a silver thaw - and it would just paralyze the town for a few days. Just like when you got the 4" of snow about 2 years ago. They never even tried to plow the side streets.

Of course being a few minutes of latitude north of you made the climate much cooler and the weather worse for me in WA. :wtf

Don't forget John, we're riding this spring when I come out!

Brian
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old Nov 2nd, 2006, 5:31 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnblazer
Up here in the Illinois State Park we like to call Wisconsin we do not mind the cold so much. What is great is that we all begin to bundle up when we go outside so you can't directly tell just how fat and ugly we really are.

I did not have the upgrade done when I was at Nick's today. We made a final adjustment to the throttle cables and took out all of the slack (there was a ton - about 3/4" of free travel). I am going to run it for a while this way and see if I notice any less bucking.

Brian

Brian,

I am curious if you felt the slack in the throttle cables.

Phil
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old Nov 2nd, 2006, 6:08 pm

Scottie and I were out on the GT all afternoon. Beautiful day here in Virginia, never really got past 50. We got some strange comments and a lot of "brrr" looks about how "cold" it is to be on a bike. Now it was hat as shit inside but on the bike the Santiago's, some Patagonia thermals and some fleece was great on the bike. The +4 +3 CB windshield keeps the wind off pretty well (with exception of truck's "wakes" as they push by).

I think a Gerbings vest and I could ride all year. 40's is pretty comfy. The flip up helmets need to be replaced with a solid helmet much colder and some warmer gloves... Just ride man! I think even when you're the only bike on the road, when it's cold people notice you more on the bike and make space because they'e thinking we're freaks for being out there in the weather.

Ride, ride, ride. Who cares if it's cold!!!
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old Nov 2nd, 2006, 7:50 pm Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by phil_p
Brian,

I am curious if you felt the slack in the throttle cables.

Phil
Yes, I did notice it - it became even more apparent after it was removed.

Brian

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode