Hid and Canbus - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old Nov 2nd, 2006, 7:39 pm Thread Starter

Hid and Canbus

I posted this on another site and thought you all might benefit as well.

I bought a Hidonline HID for my 07 GT. It was supposedly made for canbus bikes. It arrived with instructions that stated not to use the "relay" with canbus bikes. Well, It had no relay in the kit anyway so I installed the light with the stock low beam wiring. The first 2 light offs went well. There after I would start the bike and the headlight would shut off and the headlight icon on the computer would come on. I would have to shut her down and restart the bike another 1-4 times for the light to stay on and not be faulted. I emailed my contact (Janet) at hidonline.com and she was quick with a email stating that she got my message and did not know why I was having a problem. She fowarded my email to their tech support dept. That was yesterday and I have not heard from them yet. However I took the bike in today for a cruise control switch problem. I asked the dealer to select the hid option on the computer. He switched that option on and now it works perfectly ever time with no faults. It was raining and cold when I picked up the bike and I have to tell ya, I LOVE this bike! It is so much fun to ride even in bad weather
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old Nov 2nd, 2006, 7:43 pm

HID type

Which HID kit did you install?
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old Nov 2nd, 2006, 9:50 pm
Strafist

And how is the light patern? Is it focused, scattered, have a hole in the middle (donut), or just poifect?

The reason I ask is on the LT some of us were running black tape over the top of the light (the older models with glass) as the light scattered upwards which made truck drivers homicidal in the middle of the night. Seems it blinded them in their rear views.... quite a bit it would seem as they played all kinds of fun games, like, kill the guy on the LT.

-=grif=-
What was that middle thang?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old Nov 2nd, 2006, 10:18 pm Thread Starter

I used the 4100k from hidonline.com, email them attention Janet and tell her what bike you have and canbus or not. Grif, coming from the LT with hid myself I know what you mean. The light pattern seems to be just like the stock GT pattern but much brighter. You will have to make sure its aimed right. I have not ridden enough at night yet to describe the pattern better. I just got her going tonight.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old Nov 2nd, 2006, 11:28 pm
Capn' Blowhard

LOL - at first glance I though the subject for this thread said "Hid my cannibis"

'07 BMW K1200GT
'06 Ducati Classic Sport 1000 Monoposto
K7 GSX-R 1000
"Oh, somewhere deep inside of these bones, an emptiness began to grow. There's something out there, far from my home, a longing that I've never known..."
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old Nov 3rd, 2006, 7:05 am
Strafist

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjaun2
I used the 4100k from hidonline.com, email them attention Janet and tell her what bike you have and canbus or not. Grif, coming from the LT with hid myself I know what you mean. The light pattern seems to be just like the stock GT pattern but much brighter. You will have to make sure its aimed right. I have not ridden enough at night yet to describe the pattern better. I just got her going tonight.
Well, that's kewl to know. No tape on the plastic headlight as it will crack it. Let us know after a few night rides and get up and pass some 18 wheeler's and see if they try to kill you.

-=grif=-
What was that middle thang?
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old Nov 3rd, 2006, 11:32 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexus-6
LOL - at first glance I though the subject for this thread said "Hid my cannibis"
Thats funny, so did I.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old Nov 3rd, 2006, 12:20 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexus-6
Now that was funny!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode