BMW or GIVI top box - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old Nov 6th, 2006, 7:33 pm Thread Starter

BMW or GIVI top box

Yea; Well; I'm researching top boxes for my K1200GT; and I'm thinking of going back to a great top box and mount I had on my ST1300, was The Givi E-52 . I'm just not sure if the Burgman Blue color would be a color match to the GT's blue for 06; and is quite a bit less expensive! Anyone compare colors. I dont have mount or color in front of me. The mount would have to be fitted to match the BMW's top rack.

If can help; Please reply; Howie...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old Nov 7th, 2006, 5:46 am

I have a Givi 46l on my GT fitted using the R1200RT mounting bracket (at the time I bought the GT Givi hadn't made a specific one) as it's the same BMW plate on both bikes.

It works fine and as I've got a Dark Graphite bike I used a standard black Givi box so can't help re colours.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old Nov 7th, 2006, 5:50 am
The Gov

I have had the Maxia E52 for years on two RT's and my wife still has one. That said, I got the BMW large top case and like it much more than my old Givi. The looks are a definite plus, but internal dimensions fit all my goodies better than the Givi did.

What I do miss is wiring in the brake lights, but on the GT, I'm not sure how I would do that, since I wouldn't want the Givi lights on all the time at half power. I think it would lessen the impact of them being used as brake lights.

Phil Space
Springfield, VA
2007 K1200GT the road beast
2009 F800GS - My little adventure bike.
2007 F800ST - Her's, but I can ride it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old Nov 7th, 2006, 12:02 pm
Enthusiast

Phil I've been looking at my box trying to figure out the same thing. I would like to french-in a rear light.

06 K1200 GT deep blue metallic
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old Nov 7th, 2006, 12:06 pm
The Gov

Quote:
Originally Posted by MassGT
Phil I've been looking at my box trying to figure out the same thing. I would like to french-in a rear light.
I gave up. I bought one of Fernando's reflective sticker kits and used the scraps up on the BMW top case and settled for the Kissan license plate frame thing for extra brake/rear lighting.

Phil Space
Springfield, VA
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old Nov 13th, 2006, 9:57 am
Rookie

Givi Brake light and ABS

Hi, I have a '98 KRS and am looking at adding a E52 but was told there may be a problem with setting up the brake light on the GIVI with the ABS. Is there some recommendation you can make regarding setting up the GIVI brake light wiring to insure proper operation?
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old Nov 13th, 2006, 10:09 am
The Gov

Quote:
Originally Posted by bayoubmw
Hi, I have a '98 KRS and am looking at adding a E52 but was told there may be a problem with setting up the brake light on the GIVI with the ABS. Is there some recommendation you can make regarding setting up the GIVI brake light wiring to insure proper operation?
Complete horse hockey. I have done it on a K bikes and four RT's ranging from a '96 to a '04 twin spark, never a problem with any of the different versions of ABS. I have used the Kisan flasher inline with both the regular brake lights and the Givi.

Phil Space
Springfield, VA

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode