Stop Press !!!! - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 42 (permalink) Old Oct 24th, 2005, 6:12 pm Thread Starter

Exclamation Stop Press !!!!

Latest conserning the NEW K1200GT Next Generation.

Expected introduction end 2005 and will be shown in february 2006 at the Motorai in the Netherlands

Latest acc. BMW - Norway: Will be presented at The MILAN MOTOR SHOW, nov. 15-20, 2005.

Last edited by LOCUS; Oct 28th, 2005 at 8:38 am.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 42 (permalink) Old Oct 24th, 2005, 7:26 pm
Veteran

Uhhh, and to add to the great lies: I will love you and respect you in the morning, the check is in the mail, it's as good as done, you can depend on me, AND THE NEW GT/RT WILL BE SHOWN IN THE NETHERLANDS IN FEBRUARY 'O6.

C'mon Kjell, you're just trying to breathe some life into tired Miles and his vaporware forum. heh heh

Best Regards

John
Jacksonville, FL, USA

Last edited by jpalamaro; Oct 24th, 2005 at 7:27 pm. Reason: Spelling
post #3 of 42 (permalink) Old Oct 24th, 2005, 8:41 pm
Enthusiast

Your glass is "half empty" isn't, John?

"The more people I meet the more I love my dog !"

07 K1200 GT deep blue metallic
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 42 (permalink) Old Oct 24th, 2005, 9:20 pm

Kjell,

This is terrific news. Usually after the first leak, BMW then does regular updates; let's see what happens in the near future.

Looks like some of my kooky sources were basically correct with their information if you look at some of my "updates" on this forum both here and on the old site.

I sure was sceptical when told of hid lights, for instance. The rest seems pluasible since it already exists on other bikes. I'm now wondering about any change in the brake system; remember the rumor about the firm Continental Teves make the next generation system for BMW.

That rumor about using a, get this, more "tour" oriented transmission will also be interesting to see if it's true; i.e. removing the K-S tranny, and replacing it with the six speed one from the RT.

At this point we, need more, more info for the revitalization of the "Next Generation" forum. More pictures; weight discussed and reported on as well as a run-down on all the new features.

Miles
post #5 of 42 (permalink) Old Oct 25th, 2005, 3:10 pm

Greetings, all. Great admirer of the current K1200GT. First post in the forum.

Can we assume this anticipated new generation model will have the same front suspension treatment as the recently introduced K1200R and S? Certainly makes for a longer bike.

alan in houston
post #6 of 42 (permalink) Old Oct 25th, 2005, 5:52 pm

I hear that the new tranny will be completely silent and along with belt drive to keep streets clean like their upcoming 800......

Each new GT will come with noise repelling earplugs..... ;-)
post #7 of 42 (permalink) Old Oct 25th, 2005, 5:57 pm
Looking for better limits...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miles_Miller
That rumor about using a, get this, more "tour" oriented transmission will also be interesting to see if it's true; i.e. removing the K-S tranny, and replacing it with the six speed one from the RT.

Miles
I wonder if it'll be the RT transmission or the S transmission with different gear-sets. The whole idea behind the cassette tranny was the easy of change, but that'd have to hold true for the factory as well as the field. Lot of work on the transmission case to get it from longitudal to lateral as well.
Either way, I hope they put a shorter first gear in it.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Ray
2010 K1300GT Royal Blue
2003 K1200GT Orient Blue (for sale)
2007 G650 X-Challenge

IBA #34158

Be a K-Bikes Supporter

I work for Keyser Sze
post #8 of 42 (permalink) Old Oct 26th, 2005, 11:16 am

Smile

Rumours abound that during the NEC Motorcycle Show in Birminghan that BMW will be showing a new bike. Dealers are unsure as to whether this will be the F800 or (and most likely according to dealers) the new K1200GT.

Either way the show opens tomorrow (Friday 27th Oct) and I'll be attending next Tuesday; so not too long to wait now for me.
post #9 of 42 (permalink) Old Oct 26th, 2005, 12:00 pm
Just saying hey

The Official Photos of the BMW R1200GS Adventure

Could this be the new offering??

BMW have released the official photos of their new long distance motorcycle, the BMW R1200GS-Adventure motorcycle. This is the solidified version of their popular R1200GS motorcycle, and consists of an extra big gas tank, holding 33 liters, an extra high windscreen, cylinder and tank protectors, larger foot pegs and the break and gear selector are adjustable. The handlebars are adjustable as well. The hand protectors form part of the standard delivery.

The alternator has been beefed up to supply 720 W. The gearbox is "as-is" on the standard R1200GS. At order time you can select normal or off-road tires.

http://news.motorbiker.org/blogs.nsf
post #10 of 42 (permalink) Old Oct 26th, 2005, 12:06 pm
Statmaster

The public showing at NEC is tomorrow. The press showing was today.

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=102451

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode