K1200 GT admiration - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old Nov 11th, 2006, 9:21 pm Thread Starter
Addict
 
hazard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Pleasanton, CA, USA
Posts: 433
Thumbs up K1200 GT admiration

So last week I stop at Beverages and More (er a large chain liquor store) with my bike. Waiting in line and a few guys probabaly had a little sunday NFL buzz are quite boisterous in the store, and quite funny. When I leave they are surrounding my bike, the most buzzed of the bunch can only say: "Fuckin sweet, fuckin sweet, fuckin sweet....." His buddy yells "Lets go that big guy is not going to appreciate you drooling on that sweet machine"

2008 R 1200 GS ADV
2007 K 1200 GT Graphite
98 HD Sportster 1200C [Sold] (Mistake)
Various dirt bikes in my youth.
hazard is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old Nov 11th, 2006, 10:34 pm
Addict
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Chesapeake, VA, USA
Posts: 457
They may have had a limited vocabulary but they knew a what a fine motorcycle looks like!


John06KGT is offline  
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old Nov 12th, 2006, 5:49 am
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 68
sounds like glowing approval to me
and that sounds great in (with) ANY language
ClearwaterBMW is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old Nov 12th, 2006, 7:15 am
Strafist
 
grifscoots's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Outside New Braunfels, TX, USA
Posts: 2,544
Quote:
Originally Posted by John06KGT
They may have had a limited vocabulary but they knew a what a fine motorcycle looks like!


Limited? Are you saying that wouldn't work in a court of law?

-=grif=-
What was that middle thang?
grifscoots is offline  
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old Nov 12th, 2006, 8:26 am
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 497
Quote:
Originally Posted by hazard
"Fuckin sweet, fuckin sweet, fuckin sweet....."
This is what I mumble to myself when riding the GT. It almost becomes a monotone mantra.

Brian
bnblazer is offline  
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old Nov 13th, 2006, 2:54 pm
"DELIVERS"
 
milkman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: SF bay area, CA, USA
Posts: 870
Quote:
Originally Posted by hazard
So last week I stop at Beverages and More (er a large chain liquor store) with my bike. Waiting in line and a few guys probabaly had a little sunday NFL buzz are quite boisterous in the store, and quite funny. When I leave they are surrounding my bike, the most buzzed of the bunch can only say: "Fuckin sweet, fuckin sweet, fuckin sweet....." His buddy yells "Lets go that big guy is not going to appreciate you drooling on that sweet machine"
Just imagine their excitement if it was the sexier, more stylish, original GT!

'04 GT...Orient Blue...Staintune...Ohlins...Power Commander
milkman is offline  
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old Nov 13th, 2006, 4:09 pm
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 1,160
Quote:
Originally Posted by milkman
Just imagine their excitement if it was the sexier, more stylish, original GT!
Naw! They might've said something more like . . .

"Nice bike, for last-century technology. Thanks for allowing me to look at the rolling museum piece. Are you thinking of updating soon? Or does your priority list involve upgrading to Windows98 FIRST, before making such a bold move as to buy the new & greatly improved BMW K1200GT?!"

You see? They only sounded drunk because the technolgy and beauty of the new GT left them totally dumb-founded. You'll understand better some day...perhaps.
messenger13 is offline  
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old Nov 13th, 2006, 4:57 pm
Addict-oholic
 
larrykay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: New Rochelle , NY, USA
Posts: 1,412
Quote:
Originally Posted by messenger13
Naw! They might've said something more like . . .

"Nice bike, for last-century technology. Thanks for allowing me to look at the rolling museum piece. Are you thinking of updating soon? Or does your priority list involve upgrading to Windows98 FIRST, before making such a bold move as to buy the new & greatly improved BMW K1200GT?!"

You see? They only sounded drunk because the technolgy and beauty of the new GT left them totally dumb-founded. You'll understand better some day...perhaps.
Messenger 13:

AMEN

Larry
Deep Blue 2009 K1300GT
larrykay is offline  
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old Nov 13th, 2006, 6:04 pm
"DELIVERS"
 
milkman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: SF bay area, CA, USA
Posts: 870
Quote:
Originally Posted by messenger13
They only sounded drunk because the technolgy and beauty of the new GT left them totally dumb-founded.
Beauty?...c'mon...they sounded drunk because they were drunk.... would have come to their senses later when they sobered up....see my avatar if you wanna see beauty (the GT, not me)

'04 GT...Orient Blue...Staintune...Ohlins...Power Commander

Last edited by milkman; Nov 13th, 2006 at 7:59 pm.
milkman is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
BMW's K1200 R voted Motorcycle of the Year 2005! LOCUS K12/1300R/R-Sport 13 May 20th, 2007 10:01 pm
Austin, Tx. 06-07 K1200 GT BeemerDude K12/1300GT (Next Gen) 1 Oct 22nd, 2006 8:39 pm
Looking to buy a 2004 K1200 GT SMP1602 K1200RS/GT (Classic) 30 Jul 23rd, 2006 8:03 pm

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome