BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

Bill Myers, Corbin, Other?

1K views 8 replies 8 participants last post by  Fridy 
#1 ·
In doing research, it sounds like the GT saddle may not be the best bet for long distance rides. Any comments on which after market saddle may be better? I do want heated seats.

Thanks for sugestions.

#2 ·
The stock seat works for me!!
Norris Cooper Wichita Kansas USA

#3 ·
What may work for one person, may not work for another. Thus the difficulty in making a stock seat work for everyone.

For me, the seat was like it was designed by the Marquis de Sade. I have made the seat tollerable by using a beaded seat from www.beadrider.com

I will most likely make a decision to go with a Kontour in the spring.

#5 ·
Use the search function above and a keyword like "seat", and see what you get...lots I bet!
Me, I used a local seat guru and now am comfortable and didn't spend much $.
Cheers, Greg

#6 ·
Seats

While the GT seat was better for me than the any of the RT's I had, I went with Rick Mayer for more comfort. I've only been on it once since it was delievered due to the ice age that has devoured us butt it was VERY nice for that 300 mile ride.

#7 ·
pics pls

lostnks
Could i get you to send or post some pictures. Am talking to Rick about a seat rework and would love to get a few extra shots. Did you do a ride in or just order it. If ordered did you have him do anything out of the standard? Leather?
thanks

#8 ·
RE: more seats

Ricbob said:
lostnks
Could i get you to send or post some pictures. Am talking to Rick about a seat rework and would love to get a few extra shots. Did you do a ride in or just order it. If ordered did you have him do anything out of the standard? Leather?
thanks
I just did the internet ordering thing. This was the fifth seat he's done for me so it works. The GT seat I ordered is pretty standard in vinyl. My e camera is at work so any pics will have to wait.

#9 ·
Custom Seats

I picked up my 07 GT Sept.15 , about 3 weeks later I was seriously considerig selling or trading it . I could not get comfortable for any distance at all . Last saturday I rode from Key West , Fl. to Laurens , SC. 865 miles with no comfort complaints . Thanks to A Rick Mayer Exchange seat which accounted for about 80 percent of the change and about 20 percent of getting used to the changes in ergonomics from the K12LT . I did not think that the GT would ever be as cofortable as the LT , But am about to change my mind after the seat change and 6200 miles .

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.