Bill Myers, Corbin, Other? - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old Jan 20th, 2007, 8:47 pm Thread Starter

Bill Myers, Corbin, Other?

In doing research, it sounds like the GT saddle may not be the best bet for long distance rides. Any comments on which after market saddle may be better? I do want heated seats.

Thanks for sugestions.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old Jan 20th, 2007, 10:01 pm

The stock seat works for me!!
Norris Cooper Wichita Kansas USA
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old Jan 20th, 2007, 10:09 pm
Statmaster

What may work for one person, may not work for another. Thus the difficulty in making a stock seat work for everyone.

For me, the seat was like it was designed by the Marquis de Sade. I have made the seat tollerable by using a beaded seat from www.beadrider.com

I will most likely make a decision to go with a Kontour in the spring.

Become a Supporting Member of K-Bikes.com
'04 Sprint RS Caspian Blue
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old Jan 20th, 2007, 11:00 pm

Kon Tour seat for me. Photos posted previously at "Kon Tour seat part duex" on Dec. 15th, 2006.. Sorry, but don't know how to show link here.

Very happy with the Kon Tour seat and should be nice and "cool" in the warm summers we have here.

Dave
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old Jan 21st, 2007, 12:00 am

Use the search function above and a keyword like "seat", and see what you get...lots I bet!
Me, I used a local seat guru and now am comfortable and didn't spend much $.
Cheers, Greg
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old Jan 21st, 2007, 9:14 am

Seats

While the GT seat was better for me than the any of the RT's I had, I went with Rick Mayer for more comfort. I've only been on it once since it was delievered due to the ice age that has devoured us butt it was VERY nice for that 300 mile ride.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old Jan 21st, 2007, 11:04 am
Enthusiast

pics pls

lostnks
Could i get you to send or post some pictures. Am talking to Rick about a seat rework and would love to get a few extra shots. Did you do a ride in or just order it. If ordered did you have him do anything out of the standard? Leather?
thanks
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old Jan 21st, 2007, 12:07 pm

RE: more seats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricbob
lostnks
Could i get you to send or post some pictures. Am talking to Rick about a seat rework and would love to get a few extra shots. Did you do a ride in or just order it. If ordered did you have him do anything out of the standard? Leather?
thanks
I just did the internet ordering thing. This was the fifth seat he's done for me so it works. The GT seat I ordered is pretty standard in vinyl. My e camera is at work so any pics will have to wait.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old Jan 21st, 2007, 3:49 pm

Custom Seats

I picked up my 07 GT Sept.15 , about 3 weeks later I was seriously considerig selling or trading it . I could not get comfortable for any distance at all . Last saturday I rode from Key West , Fl. to Laurens , SC. 865 miles with no comfort complaints . Thanks to A Rick Mayer Exchange seat which accounted for about 80 percent of the change and about 20 percent of getting used to the changes in ergonomics from the K12LT . I did not think that the GT would ever be as cofortable as the LT , But am about to change my mind after the seat change and 6200 miles .

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode