Best place to stay in Eureka Springs? - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old Mar 25th, 2007, 5:24 am Thread Starter
Capn' Blowhard

Best place to stay in Eureka Springs?

Howdy gents -

I'm planning a trip to Eureka Springs for early May and wanted to see if anyone had a suggestion or two on where to stay in Eureka Springs. I'll probably stay for 3 or 4 days, so I'd want something comfy to come home to at the end of the riding day.

Anyone been recently?

'07 BMW K1200GT
'06 Ducati Classic Sport 1000 Monoposto
K7 GSX-R 1000
"Oh, somewhere deep inside of these bones, an emptiness began to grow. There's something out there, far from my home, a longing that I've never known..."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old Mar 25th, 2007, 11:42 am

Eureka Springs??

If you mean ES Arkansas, I was there just yesterday!

What do you want? There is everything from luxury B&B's to basic lodging. There is a bike themed place out east that is HD centric, Iron Horse stables (iirc). A group from the IBMWR gang stays at the Swiss Holiday motel each Sept and they are bike friendly, across the street is the Pig Trail. If you're going to spend your time down town, I would look for hotels that have good secure parking. If you are going to ride, then keep away from down town.

Let me know if I can help further
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old Mar 25th, 2007, 12:55 pm
I'm riding

just a question

Please enlighten me on the following:
When travelling on a bike in the States - are there hotels/motels with guarded parking lots? Or how you make sure that the bike won't be stolen?
And one more : how much cash you take with you and for what reasons? What can not be paid by card?
TIA

Take care!

'06 K1200GT Blue (sold)
'09 F800GS Grey
'07 F800ST Blue - wife's(sold)
'09 F650GS Blue - wife's
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old Mar 25th, 2007, 1:25 pm
Statmaster

Swiss Village Inn. Bunny from the IBMWR mailing list (www.ibmwr.org) uses that as the location for his annual gatherings. The LT guys have used it several times. It's inexpensive, clean, next door to food and booze (so you don't have to ride someplace).

Also, the Basin Park and Crescent Hotels are the ultimate in luxury if you are looking for that.

Become a Supporting Member of K-Bikes.com
'04 Sprint RS Caspian Blue
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old Mar 25th, 2007, 6:52 pm
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by easyman05
When travelling on a bike in the States - are there hotels/motels with guarded parking lots? Or how you make sure that the bike won't be stolen?
And one more : how much cash you take with you and for what reasons? What can not be paid by card?
TIA
First 2 questions about bike safety: From my experience, it rarely happens that someone will steal a BMW bike. Generally I speak with the clerk at the desk about safety and more often than not, they will tell you where to park it so they can keep an eye on it (PM and night shift clerks). Generally I will tip them the next day or put some cash in an evelope for them.
Depends on where I am traveling to and how long on the road. May take several hundred dollars cash (extreemly rare if I ever take more than a thousand).

03K12RS
:wtf Joel Callan :wtf
Milwaukee, WI 53222

Homepage
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old Mar 25th, 2007, 7:19 pm Thread Starter
Capn' Blowhard

Very cool! Thanks Rob & Jeff for the suggestions. Pretty much just looking for something cozy but not too plus since I'll be there for a few hours at night is all. Swiss Village Inn sounds like it just might fit the bill.

'07 BMW K1200GT
K7 GSX-R 1000
"Oh, somewhere deep inside of these bones, an emptiness began to grow. There's something out there, far from my home, a longing that I've never known..."
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old Mar 25th, 2007, 10:42 pm
Looking for better limits...

You can also get a disk lock w/alarm. Just don't forget to remove it before riding in them morning. Some of those come with a coiled cord that you can attach to the throttle with a tag (Remove before flight).
Not too much of an issue with credit cards. I've carried no more that $200.00, but with the knowledge that I also have an ATM card to get cash later on if I need it.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Ray
2010 K1300GT Royal Blue
2003 K1200GT Orient Blue (for sale)
2007 G650 X-Challenge

IBA #34158

Be a K-Bikes Supporter

I work for Keyser Söze
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old Mar 26th, 2007, 8:33 am
I'm riding

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexus-6
Very cool! Thanks Rob & Jeff for the suggestions. Pretty much just looking for something cozy but not too plus since I'll be there for a few hours at night is all. Swiss Village Inn sounds like it just might fit the bill.
Nexus-6,

I am sorry for hi-jack. Just was fulll with my thoughts about the trip and joined your trip thread.

May Jeff move my question to a separate thread, please!
Sorry once again :-)

Have a nice ride!
TIA

Take care!

'06 K1200GT Blue (sold)
'09 F800GS Grey
'07 F800ST Blue - wife's(sold)
'09 F650GS Blue - wife's
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old Mar 26th, 2007, 12:00 pm
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by easyman05
TIA
The only place you may find guarded lots is in urban areas, some hotels have cameras to the parking lot. In some ways the little motels are or inns seem safer for bikes, cause chances are the bike is right outside your room. The alarm system and maybe a good disk lock or chain would be a good deterrent to prevent thefts of opportunity. Of course if an organized thief really wants the bike, they will get it. And again except in more urban area's, there is NOT a bunch of roving gangs stealing bikes. ( I would be cautious though).

Almost everywhere in the U.S. accepts Visa/Mastercard. Carry cash though, because there will a few instances where some merchants special events will only accept cash. Usually the good restaurants with the lines out the door. Also very small purchases, $5.00 to $10.00 at some small stores are discouraged cause of Merchant processing fees kill the mom and pop buisnesses....

2008 R 1200 GS ADV
2007 K 1200 GT Graphite
98 HD Sportster 1200C [Sold] (Mistake)
Various dirt bikes in my youth.
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old Mar 26th, 2007, 6:48 pm Thread Starter
Capn' Blowhard

easyman,

No worries mate! Glad to share the same topic space since it all sort of intertwines!

'07 BMW K1200GT
K7 GSX-R 1000

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode