what does remorse look like? - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old Mar 25th, 2007, 8:09 pm Thread Starter
Enthusiast

what does remorse look like?

Funny thing ......, I thought I would be much happier & excited. It would not matter if it was an S, R, or GT. I think I am having serious thoughts about selling my beloved GS. I don't want to sound like I am whining...so I won't go on & on. Any way, I also received a deposite on the GS. It is all happening so easy & fast ( the dealer has my deposite on a GT). They say that is a good sign.

While i tend to gravite to the axiom, "indecision may or may not be my problem" ( thank you Jimmy Buffet)... I also know this. With out any question what so ever and in a most indubitable manner, I WOULD NOT SELL THE GS if I did not need the nice down payment it will provide. MAybe I should wait. My ATTN. says my settlement if any could take months. He keeps telling me that.... for over a yr now..............anyway I feel like "EORE" ...."OH BOTHER".......... I am actually sad. .. seems like I should be jumping for joy that I finaly am getting a mighty K!

any input from others who have felt this way would be most appreciated. Yes, I know I can buy another GS. BUT THE MEMORIES!!!!!!!!!!! Also it took me a yr of spare time to get it like I wanted...don't want to have to do that again ....PLUS....for what ever reasons besides my skillfull hands, this bike is FAST and uuber smooth.....super uuber smooth!!! Any one who knows GS's and if they ride mine they can not beleive it!

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old Mar 25th, 2007, 8:14 pm
fas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racegun
Funny thing ......, I thought I would be much happier & excited. It would not matter if it was an S, R, or GT. I think I am having serious thoughts about selling my beloved GS. I don't want to sound like I am whining...so I won't go on & on. Any way, I also received a deposite on the GS. It is all happening so easy & fast ( the dealer has my deposite on a GT). They say that is a good sign.

While i tend to gravite to the axiom, "indecision may or may not be my problem" ( thank you Jimmy Buffet)... I also know this. With out any question what so ever and in a most indubitable manner, I WOULD NOT SELL THE GS if I did not need the nice down payment it will provide. MAybe I should wait. My ATTN. says my settlement if any could take months. He keeps telling me that.... for over a yr now..............anyway I feel like "EORE" ...."OH BOTHER".......... I am actually sad. .. seems like I should be jumping for joy that I finaly am getting a mighty K!

any input from others who have felt this way would be most appreciated. Yes, I know I can buy another GS. BUT THE MEMORIES!!!!!!!!!!! Also it took me a yr of spare time to get it like I wanted...don't want to have to do that again ....PLUS....for what ever reasons besides my skillfull hands, this bike is FAST and uuber smooth.....super uuber smooth!!! Any one who knows GS's and if they ride mine they can not beleive it!
I hear ya. As my 2002 LT went down the road for Atlanta, I had some concerns. Then I got the GT home four days later all that faded away. Now with 5,000 on the GT, I consider the LT just another old bike in the long line of old bikes. Great memories for sure, but she is now like an old girl friend who suddenly put on 200# compared to the nimble powerful GT.

Rob Nelson
http://www.linkedin.com/in/robnelson44140
www.e-bikefun.com
2007 Super Duke 990
Orange Juice
2006 BMW K1200GT (now lives in Wisconsin)
Grey Goose
2002 K1200LTC (now lives in Georgia)
Toscana Temptress
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old Mar 25th, 2007, 9:30 pm
Enthusiast

Just took the GT out for a quick jaunt in between the thunderstorms here in central Texas. Hadn't had it out in almost a week. Gotta tell you, I was thinking to myself while dodging the cages, every time I mount this bike, it just keeps getting better and better. No regrets here. It meets all of my needs and more.

"The more people I meet the more I love my dog !"

07 K1200 GT deep blue metallic
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old Mar 25th, 2007, 10:01 pm

Self Image

We select our motorcycles carefully, because they reflect our self image. Witness the amazing marketing success of HD, trading on the rebel/freedom image despite its discordant and problematic engine design. In its own way BMW has image adherents as well, particularly the R and GS riders. I know I'll be getting hate mail from some for this, but there is no way I'd be riding a Beemer today if they only offered the horizontally opposed engines designed in the 1920s. Clearly, in the early 80s Beemer marketing and engineering (organizations that seldom co-operate) recognized the eventual end of this anachronistic design, even though they did amazing things with it.
I would still be riding ducs if HO engines were all beemer had to offer. I LOVE the Ducs exhaust note. Some brave soul on one of the Beemer sites said the exhaust on the HO engine sounds like chick farts.
I may be old, but I'll ride the best bikes, not the image bikes. I like to hang out with young people, not argue with them and talk about the old days. Move on or not.
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old Mar 25th, 2007, 10:27 pm

All I can say is that there are some bikes I really regret not having (a '97 Honda 1100CC touring bike with hard bags, a '00 Honda VFR) but there are others that I'm fine and have moved past (VStrom '99 Goldwing, XR650L and a few others) and there are some that I wish I bought (specifically the Honda Blackbird CBR1100XX but it isn't available in North America).

However I don't have the cash nor the room to have that many bikes. Once I complete the deal (depending upon availability) for my K1200GT, I'll have it and an '01 Wing in the stable.
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old Mar 25th, 2007, 11:33 pm

As I've said before, the GS and the GT are night and day. I like and use both, so I keep both...the specific tool for a specific job. I love both of them and won't give them up. Now, if I had to sell one...hmmmm. I ride a lot more street that trail, so it would probably be the GS . Fortunately, I don't have to make this decision.
Greg
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old Mar 26th, 2007, 1:30 am
JoeApex

It's all good.

I understand your angst completely; I parted with a really nice running, extremely nimble and fun Aprilia Caponard to get my GT. The Capo was over 100 pounds lighter, had great flick, and inspired great hooliganism when riding it. Lovely bike, comfy for my wife on the back as well.
That said, the GT's so fast it makes my eyelids flap inside my helmet! I go through my familiar turns 10 to 15 mph faster than ever before, and with a sureness of line that tells me there's much, much more speed available.
Like your GS, the Capo was an old friend when I traded it off; The GT is a hot new romance, and brings with it the joy and thrills of learning an entirely new bike, with half again more power.
Don't regret trying something new, the GT's a hoot.
Scott
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old Mar 26th, 2007, 3:20 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregC
As I've said before, the GS and the GT are night and day. I like and use both, so I keep both...the specific tool for a specific job. I love both of them and won't give them up. Now, if I had to sell one...hmmmm. I ride a lot more street that trail, so it would probably be the GS . Fortunately, I don't have to make this decision.
Greg
+1
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old Mar 26th, 2007, 10:56 am

While my next bike will probably be either a GS or a KTM 990 Adventure, I won't be selling my GT to buy either. Soon, you will learn that the GT's amazing attributes make all other bikes and/or models seem so narrowly focused. Of course, the GT can't off-road as well as a GS. But if that was truly a concern for you, you wouldn't even consider selling your GS for a GT. I've ridden with a few fairly competent GS-riders, and they simply couldn't keep up with the my GT. Yes, the "mighty K" is all that . . . and so much more.
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old Mar 26th, 2007, 4:03 pm Thread Starter
Enthusiast

more info

GREAT FEED BACK for sure & thx...some more info to ponder.

I want to ADD: ss lines, wavey rotors& pads, 3 pot calipers, wilbers, new exhaust, maybe TT bags & the TT xenon... that is over 5 grand, andf it still won't be up to the GT standards. It would how ever be one nice GS. I question the wisdom of adding farkels that cost as much as the machine.....hmmmmm

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode