Part Number for new OEM seat? - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old Mar 27th, 2007, 11:31 am Thread Starter

Part Number for new OEM seat?

Does anyone have the BMW part number for the supposedly new seat on the KGT? I know it was posted before the system crash. My dealer in Austin has not heard of a new seat for the GT and is upset that BMW has not informed them that one exits.

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old Mar 27th, 2007, 11:46 am
Veteran

The part numbers are here:

http://www.maxbmwmotorcycles.com/fic...p?mospid=49384

Look under "Bench Seat".

Your dealer should have the latest version of the ETK (parts catalog).

Chris
NS, Canada

IBA, MOA, ONS

The mind knows no speed limit.

'06 GT - CGM "Katie"
'84 Airhead "Rita"
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old Mar 27th, 2007, 12:01 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomsterMVA
Does anyone have the BMW part number for the supposedly new seat on the KGT? I know it was posted before the system crash. My dealer in Austin has not heard of a new seat for the GT and is upset that BMW has not informed them that one exits.

Thanks
Yea I think BMW has kinda left the dealers in the dark on this one. When I bought my bike with the new seat on it my dealer didn't know it had changed either. I educated him on the new seat. It also explained why all the bikes on his floor with the new seat had "low seat" listed on the options sheet.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old Mar 27th, 2007, 2:38 pm Thread Starter

So looking that the site provided above, it looks like the new seats are for bikes produced at 10/2006 and above? If my bike is an '07 does this mean I already have the new seat?
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old Mar 27th, 2007, 3:34 pm
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomsterMVA
So looking that the site provided above, it looks like the new seats are for bikes produced at 10/2006 and above? If my bike is an '07 does this mean I already have the new seat?
Maybe, maybe not. I would imagine it depends on manufacturing; on-hand inventories, etc. My understanding is the new seats started to appear on January production forward. I believe your '07 could easily have been built in 09/2006. Your serial number plate should give you the Mfg. Date.

Can you flip over the seat and find the part number and compare it to the parts list? That would tell you for sure.

Chris
NS, Canada

IBA, MOA, ONS

The mind knows no speed limit.

'06 GT - CGM "Katie"
'84 Airhead "Rita"
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old Mar 27th, 2007, 5:12 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKIZIKS
Maybe, maybe not. I would imagine it depends on manufacturing; on-hand inventories, etc. My understanding is the new seats started to appear on January production forward. I believe your '07 could easily have been built in 09/2006. Your serial number plate should give you the Mfg. Date.

Can you flip over the seat and find the part number and compare it to the parts list? That would tell you for sure.

I bought my GT in mid-December and it has the new seat. The new seat has two wide-spread tabs for connecting to the pillion while the old seat has a wide tab in the center.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old Mar 27th, 2007, 6:32 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKIZIKS

My 07 was a 10/06 build but also has the new seats.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old Mar 27th, 2007, 9:38 pm

my 07 had an 8/06 build

F
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old Mar 27th, 2007, 10:06 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwferris
I bought my GT in mid-December and it has the new seat. The new seat has two wide-spread tabs for connecting to the pillion while the old seat has a wide tab in the center.
If that's the case, my 2007 has the new seat. According to the stamp in the owner's manual, the dealer prepped it on December 20, 2006.

Rusty

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode