Sargent seat for 06 GT - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old Mar 28th, 2007, 1:59 am Thread Starter
rjc

Sargent seat for 06 GT

Has anyone put mileage on the Sargent seat? Their website shows they are shipping both heated and unheated seats in regular and short. Before I order one it would be great to get other riders impressions. Thanks

RJC
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old Mar 28th, 2007, 2:09 am

Smile 4 days new

Just got mine. Front for 07.. Local short distant impressions are very good.. Hope to get a long distant trip in this weekend..

Jim Lawson
00 K1200LTC
Ezy-Mount Products
Auxiliary Light Mounting Solutions
www.ezymount.com
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old Mar 28th, 2007, 1:42 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by EzyMount
Just got mine. Front for 07.. Local short distant impressions are very good.. Hope to get a long distant trip in this weekend..
When did you get your '07? I have had some conversation with Sargent about the "new" BMW seat. They have determined that their front seat may not work with the stock seat on GTs produced after about mid-November 2006. They are apparently getting the new set today or tomorrow to look it over. I will receive my seat today and will try to use it with the stock pillion and let them know what happens. Their companion pillion for the new seat will not be available for about 2 months.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old Mar 28th, 2007, 8:38 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwferris
When did you get your '07? I have had some conversation with Sargent about the "new" BMW seat. They have determined that their front seat may not work with the stock seat on GTs produced after about mid-November 2006. They are apparently getting the new set today or tomorrow to look it over. I will receive my seat today and will try to use it with the stock pillion and let them know what happens. Their companion pillion for the new seat will not be available for about 2 months.
The newer seats are just beginning to appear at dealers. Word is that if your GT was built after mid-November, you probably have the new seats. I picked mine up in mid-November so I know I have the older seat versions. Depending on when you got yours, you may be in the same situation.
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old Mar 28th, 2007, 9:47 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjc
Has anyone put mileage on the Sargent seat? Their website shows they are shipping both heated and unheated seats in regular and short. Before I order one it would be great to get other riders impressions. Thanks

RJC
I installed my new Sargent's heated saddle a couple of weeks ago but, due to business conflicts, my riding schedule has been grossly interupted. On April 14, I depart on a three week business/monkey business trip that will take me from NC to CA and back. I should cover about 8400 miles. I'll let you know how the Sargent's saddle performs for me.

Mike
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old Mar 28th, 2007, 11:23 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjc

RJC
I just received the low, heated version on my '06. With just a few hundered miles, I can definitely say its better than the stock low seat by a wide margin.

Is it going to be as comfortable as a Russell...no. But, given the design constraints they had to work with, the size of the pan and how it fits and given my personal requirements - can't be taller than the stock low seat which the Russell and most other after market seats except Corbin are - I'm happy with what they've achieved.

It is wider, firmer and lower which is what I wanted. If you're looking for a "deep dished" type seat, the standard height might be better, then again, you might want to look at either of the Mayer offerings or a Russell.

IBA 18417
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old Mar 29th, 2007, 9:58 am

New in 07 ?

Don't know prod date, but purchased mine about 6 weeks ago.

Sargent front seat went on OK, & it was tight at rear of Sargent, when I put on factory rear, but it did lock in..

Jim Lawson
00 K1200LTC
Ezy-Mount Products
Auxiliary Light Mounting Solutions
www.ezymount.com
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old Mar 29th, 2007, 10:20 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by EzyMount
Don't know prod date, but purchased mine about 6 weeks ago.

Sargent front seat went on OK, & it was tight at rear of Sargent, when I put on factory rear, but it did lock in..
I got my Sargent seat yesterday and I definately have the new BMW seat which does not have the center tab and connection. I have not put the seat on to see if it would fit anyway. I plan to and then let Sargent know. You will note on their website they now indiacate that the '07 seats should be bought as a pair when the pillion is ready.
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old Mar 29th, 2007, 5:51 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwferris
I got my Sargent seat yesterday and I definately have the new BMW seat which does not have the center tab and connection. I have not put the seat on to see if it would fit anyway. I plan to and then let Sargent know. You will note on their website they now indicate that the '07 seats should be bought as a pair when the pillion is ready.
I just put the Sargent on the GT there is a 2" gap between the back of the rider seat and the front of the pillion. Obviously the Sargent front will not work with the new BMW pillion.
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old Apr 2nd, 2007, 4:02 pm

I put my new Sargent saddle on Friday night. Night and day difference. Since my GT is a 2006 model, I had no problems fitting it with my pillion seat. I wish Sargent had the pillions ready to deliver, but they said maybe late April.

The saddle looks great and feels much firmer than the torture device I removed. I ordered it with the optional heat but have yet to connect it. I am still in my 30 day trial period and I am not cutting any wires on my bike until I am absolutely sure that I am keeping it. I was only able to put around 100 miles on it this weekend. I have this Friday off from work because of the Good Friday holiday, but I am flying to London on Friday night, so I will not be able to spend a nice long day in it until I return in mid-April.

Initial impressions are good quality and fit. I ordered it in standard height with the Carbon FX, black welt, tri-color detail, and heat (exactly like they show on their site). The rear of the saddle is wider so I immediately noticed more support back there. The front is slightly narrower so I am able to flat-foot the bike much easier. The best part is no more sliding into the tank. My wrists always seemed to hurt after long days on my GT and I am now convinced that it was from the constant pushing back from the tank that caused it.

I went to my local dealer's Open House on Saturday and I have never seen a saddle attract such a crowd before. I'll post more later this month as I spend some more time on it.

JB

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode