Info Request: Russell Seats - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old Mar 29th, 2007, 8:44 pm Thread Starter

Info Request: Russell Seats

I must get a replacement seat. I'm leaning very strongly toward a Russell. With the loss of many posts due to the server crapping, info is limited though I did search. Most of what remains isn't too dissimilar to this post.

Therefore, how about some pics and reports from those of you with Russell (and other) seats? Inquiring minds (and butts) want to know. Maybe also, someone who replaced his/her seat can lease the old one to me so I don't have to stop riding while my replacement is being built (if I decide on a Russell (the only disadvantage I see)).

Thanks for reading this. Let's have some opinions please.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old Mar 29th, 2007, 9:05 pm
Addict-oholic

I have an extra seat that I can lease to you if needed.

Larry
Deep Blue 2009 K1300GT
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old Mar 29th, 2007, 9:24 pm Thread Starter

Thank you Larry. I'll keep that in mind as I move closer to making a decision.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old Mar 29th, 2007, 10:34 pm
Looking for better limits...

Russal Daylong seat

Hanshi has one on the original GT. As far as I know, he's pretty happy with it. I found one post, but I'm not sure I recall any posts for the NextGen.

http://www.k-bikes.com/forums/showth...3469#post63469

As you probably know/believe, they're not the prettiest, but reputation is based on many Ironbutt-satisfied customers.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Ray
2010 K1300GT Royal Blue
2003 K1200GT Orient Blue (for sale)
2007 G650 X-Challenge

IBA #34158

Be a K-Bikes Supporter

I work for Keyser Söze
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old Mar 30th, 2007, 6:40 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by MG37221
I must get a replacement seat. I'm leaning very strongly toward a Russell. With the loss of many posts due to the server crapping, info is limited though I did search. Most of what remains isn't too dissimilar to this post.

Therefore, how about some pics and reports from those of you with Russell (and other) seats? Inquiring minds (and butts) want to know. Maybe also, someone who replaced his/her seat can lease the old one to me so I don't have to stop riding while my replacement is being built (if I decide on a Russell (the only disadvantage I see)).

Thanks for reading this. Let's have some opinions please.
I am doing a ride in to Russell on April 26th.
I tried another competitors, and I am under the impression if your ass is on the larger size the "day long" is the fix.

About 500 mi. on the stock seat to get there. I might try some riding bike shorts and lots of stops. Gotta pay the price to get it right I think.
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old Mar 30th, 2007, 8:34 am
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTdavey
I am doing a ride in to Russell on April 26th.
I tried another competitors, and I am under the impression if your ass is on the larger size the "day long" is the fix.

About 500 mi. on the stock seat to get there. I might try some riding bike shorts and lots of stops. Gotta pay the price to get it right I think.
I rode there on that bubble-plastic stuff to get mine done.

I learned - cheaply - those Air cushin' things are worth it either.

Enjoy it! Great seat and I really liked the Velour-topped ones in the hot climate of So. Cal. Valley. Very cool in the summer and it wore well beyond when I sold the bike 10 years later.
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old Mar 30th, 2007, 9:31 am
Telepathetic

Got my Russell last October. It is the best thing I have done. I was able to ride 14 hours on my way back from Russell to my home, took the long way back.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Final product (Small).jpg
Views:	108
Size:	59.5 KB
ID:	4697  

Darrel
'06 GT - Blue
85K on the clock
_'07 GS - Yeller
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old Mar 30th, 2007, 10:48 am
Will ride the miles ...

I've had Russell seats on older Yamaha FJ1200's and on an R1150GS. They do very good work. I did three Iron Butt Rallies on that GS and one with an FJ, all on Russell seats. They are not visually attactive but if you are riding the bike, you don't have to look at the seat.

However, I *highly* recommend that you take the time to do a ride-in appointment. It's time well spent to get the perfect fit.

Nothing against Russell but I chose to have Rick Mayer build the seat for my new GT.

And here it is with the auxiliary tank I'm building.

I called Rick to set up the seat appointment a few months before I actually took delivery of the bike. I went with Rick this time because he is also an IBR finisher and thus has a direct understanding of the seat requirements for the type of riding I do.

We did the ride-in appointment just before Xmas. It took a total of about 5 hours and I was back on the road. That included fitting the driver seat for me and the rear seat for my wife.

Jeff Earls
Portland, OR
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old Mar 30th, 2007, 6:09 pm
Noob

And here it is with the auxiliary tank I'm building.

I am very interested in adding a fuel cell on my 06GT
wondering where you are connecting to the main fuel system and how, or using a pump?
Thanks
you are welcome to e-mail me with details if you could
[email protected]
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old Mar 30th, 2007, 11:57 pm

Hi Jeff,

Are you riding the Cal24 this year? I ask because i would love to see your aux tank setup and how you plumbed it in person. If not maybe you could post/e-mail the particulars on how you did it to those of us wanting to do this ourselves?

Thanks!

Dave

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode