Best Throttle Rocker for GT? - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old Mar 30th, 2007, 10:49 pm Thread Starter
Just saying hey

Best Throttle Rocker for GT?

Hi folks. Waiting on delivery of my new GT (it's late ... container ship had mechanical problms I'm told and it's still sitting at dock in Germany!!) Anyway, I have a bit of arthritis in my hands and find that a throttle rocker helps. Does that sound lame?

Do any of you out there that use a throttle rocker and if so do you have a particular recommendation? I'm currently just using a cheap rubber universal fit and that might be fine. Does the shape of the GT's throttle dictate a particualr style?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Steve
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old Mar 31st, 2007, 1:02 am

ahh, use the cruise control? Otherwise, the cramp buster is the original and best of these.
Greg
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old Mar 31st, 2007, 7:34 am
Enthusiast

The cruise control works perfectly and is great to give your hand a rest once up to a constant speed.

The throttle spring is also very light and takes very little movement to produce lots of power. I find myself holding the throttle too tightly in effort to keep the thing under control in traffic and that is a bigger problem for me than any effort in applying the throttle.

The throttle is so sensitive that if you try to play with the bike computer button with your throttle hand, particularly in lower gears, the bike can jump forward because the throttle moves slightly while your hand is moving to work the button. Can be a bit of a problem in heavy traffic when it happens unexpectedly.

You will probably find that there is no problem for you and you will not really need the rocker unless you grip the bars too tightly like me to try to ensure that you don't move the throttle too much in the traffic.

Happy riding on the new GT when you get it. You will most likely be addicted to it in a very short time like the rest of us.

Bob

2007 K1200GT Graphite
Ex 1986 Kawasaki GTR1000
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old Mar 31st, 2007, 9:45 am
Strafist

I like the old style throttle rocker the best. OUt here in horned rat central, I always keep the front brake covered, the throttle rocker really helps them last two, tired and fatigued, pinkies.

The throttle rockes does have the proclivity of starting to slide on the grip after a good, hot, Tejas summer. I clamp it and lay it on a rock, fixes it everytime.

I just don't like the way new style feels.

-=grif=-
What was that middle thang?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode