latest pic of my Rick Mayer seat - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 60 (permalink) Old Apr 8th, 2007, 12:20 pm Thread Starter
Rookie

latest pic of my Rick Mayer seat

Am pretty sure this seat will be fine for ALL day Rides. My longest ride so far has just been about 3 hours. I just need the darn weather to warm up abit here in Minnesota.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Resized CIMG3974.jpg
Views:	843
Size:	252.7 KB
ID:	4790  

Rick
'09 K1300GT
Royal Blue
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 60 (permalink) Old Apr 8th, 2007, 12:41 pm

Yeah, I had one of those that Rick apparently learned on.
After three tries to redo the seat, I had the stock ones sent back to me and he kept $175.00 of my hard earned cash.
If yours works out for you it obviously came at others expense.

He treated me with contempt and arrogance, because he couldn't deliver a seat that worked.
In my opinion, seat builders like him are a disgrace.

I am having a Russell done the end of April, they have responded to me with no less than total respect for me and my hard earned cash. Rick could learn alot from Russell.
But then, he doesn't think he needs to.
post #3 of 60 (permalink) Old Apr 8th, 2007, 1:02 pm

hopefully, posts like these above will "spread the word" on the 'net and NEGATIVELY EFFECT his business, forcing him to "MEND" his ways

but,
that seems UNlikely, of course
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 60 (permalink) Old Apr 8th, 2007, 2:48 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClearwaterBMW
hopefully, posts like these above will "spread the word" on the 'net and NEGATIVELY EFFECT his business, forcing him to "MEND" his ways

but,
that seems UNlikely, of course
Greg-

I mentioned to Rick that resolving the seat problems would only serve to help his business.
His reply.... and I quote; "The internet and K-bikes.com are in my opinion no better than the scribling on outhouse walls".

Yeah, I want to support a guy like that, course you won't find that on his website. Go figure.
Mind you, I tried everything I could to resolve my problems before I let him know privately and now publicly he should re-name his business.
Something like "seats gone wild"/about the same to GTdavey. I'm out.
post #5 of 60 (permalink) Old Apr 8th, 2007, 2:58 pm

I'm just a lurker with no bike. And I'm offended! Some day I will get my bike. GT, 1400, FJR--- I'm not sure. One thing I am sure of is it will not have a replacement saddle from Rick. He obviously has too much business. Enjoy it while you can, Rick.
post #6 of 60 (permalink) Old Apr 8th, 2007, 3:02 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTdavey
Greg-

I mentioned to Rick that resolving the seat problems would only serve to help his business.
His reply.... and I quote; "The internet and K-bikes.com are in my opinion no better than the scribling on outhouse walls".

Yeah, I want to support a guy like that, course you won't find that on his website. Go figure.
Mind you, I tried everything I could to resolve my problems before I let him know privately and now publicly he should re-name his business.
Something like "seats gone wild"/about the same to GTdavey. I'm out.
that dumbass.... obviously living in the PRE-INTERNET days of yore.....

we ought to show him how powerful this forum can be....
and shut his ass down

sorry for my language.... it's just that nothing makes me more angry than arrogance

nothing at all
and..... as a physician, i run into it all the freakin' time

Last edited by ClearwaterBMW; Apr 8th, 2007 at 3:09 pm.
post #7 of 60 (permalink) Old Apr 8th, 2007, 3:34 pm
Sooper Dooper Moderator

WOW. OK, I'm convinced.
post #8 of 60 (permalink) Old Apr 8th, 2007, 4:28 pm
Enthusiast

Rm Seat - Another View

I may be in the minority but i had a very good experience with Rick. He went out of his way to get my seat done for me a bit earlier than promised. The quality was great. He kept me apprised of the progress. And the fit was terrific.

Whats really funny about reading all of the above verbiage is that i had asked for grey stitching in my seat, which he forgot to do. When i mentioned it, he offered to have the seat picked up and he would restitch it all at his expense - expedited. When i declined he sent me a terrific long sleeve rick mayer shirt and some saddle conditioner.

Funny how we can have such different experiences with the same person, but we all know that happens. For those who have had a bad experience with Mr. Mayer, i can see the basis for condeming him, possibly. For those who have no experience with him, it seems very immature to bash the guy.

By the way, i am very happy with the fit and finish of my seat. It was a huge improvement.

Just my view.
post #9 of 60 (permalink) Old Apr 8th, 2007, 4:46 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricbob
I may be in the minority but i had a very good experience with Rick. He went out of his way to get my seat done for me a bit earlier than promised. The quality was great. He kept me apprised of the progress. And the fit was terrific.

Whats really funny about reading all of the above verbiage is that i had asked for grey stitching in my seat, which he forgot to do. When i mentioned it, he offered to have the seat picked up and he would restitch it all at his expense - expedited. When i declined he sent me a terrific long sleeve rick mayer shirt and some saddle conditioner.

Funny how we can have such different experiences with the same person, but we all know that happens. For those who have had a bad experience with Mr. Mayer, i can see the basis for condeming him, possibly. For those who have no experience with him, it seems very immature to bash the guy.

By the way, i am very happy with the fit and finish of my seat. It was a huge improvement.

Just my view.
nothing wrong with your view
as for your thoughts about MY "immaturity"
..... do some research about comments regarding him in the past
to say that YOU are in the MINORITY.... would be a HUGE understatment
post #10 of 60 (permalink) Old Apr 8th, 2007, 5:26 pm
Enthusiast

Wink

Like i said, those who have first hand experience seem to have a reasonable basis to denigrate someone and to complain. For someone who has no first hand experience .......

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode