Does anybody have an order in with Corbin? - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old Apr 13th, 2007, 2:59 pm Thread Starter

Does anybody have an order in with Corbin?

Whats the deal with Corbin right now? I ordered new seats for my '07 GT from them a couple of weeks ago, and they haven't been shipped yet. I keep getting the runaround about not having the seat heating elements available yet.

Anyone else waiting on a seat from them?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old Apr 13th, 2007, 3:06 pm
Enthusiast

You should do an archive search on Corbin and read all the complaints about the company's service. Then you will understand why you are getting the runaround.

'03 K1200GT

post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old Apr 13th, 2007, 5:35 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by PUREBRAD
Whats the deal with Corbin right now? I ordered new seats for my '07 GT from them a couple of weeks ago, and they haven't been shipped yet. I keep getting the runaround about not having the seat heating elements available yet.

Anyone else waiting on a seat from them?
I have an order in with them at present for a front seat and a Smuggler, from about 6 weeks ago. The Smuggler has arrived, but not the seat. The dealer here in UK is trying to chase it up. I understand that it is very unusual for them to ship a part order like that, especially to the UK, so maybe there is a problem regarding the seats. I hope to speak to the dealer next week to see what answer he got.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old Apr 13th, 2007, 6:30 pm
Enthusiast

Chris please post a picture when you have it all together.

06 K1200 GT deep blue metallic
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old Apr 14th, 2007, 2:06 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by MassGT
Chris please post a picture when you have it all together.
Fully intend to. I've been a bit bold in the seat material, and have gone for a silver carbon-fibre leather which exactly matches the CGM bike colour (with black side panels), the Smuggler will also be CGM, with the same silver leather backrest. If it works, the top of the bike will be all silver from windscreen to rear carrier, with black sides. I'll post pictures with and without the panniers, since that is the main reason I got the Corbin saddle, so that I could fit the Smuggler and avoid having to carry the panniers all the time. I am having to get the Smuggler sprayed CGM over here, since Corbin were unable to obtain the necessary paint, so it might be a couple of weeks, depending also on when the saddle turns up....!!
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old Apr 15th, 2007, 12:59 am

I go the 18th for my custom fit and build in Hollister. I will report when i get back!
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old Apr 15th, 2007, 10:45 am

Give up on Corbin. Their customer service is crap. Fit and finish is second to every other aftermarket seat company. I walked away from them years ago.
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old Apr 15th, 2007, 6:18 pm
Noob

I ordered my front & rear heated seats on March 3rd and am still waiting. Patrick from Corbin was the first one to actually take the time to call me back after four calls from me to find out where my seat is. He claims the seat was being covered and will be at my front door this coming week. I told him if it wasn't at my house by 4/18 they can keep it and give me a full refund. The story I got was that their supplier of the heating element in Germany took a while to get the parts to them thus the delay.

This will be my fifth Corbin seat and I have loved the other four enough to step up to the $900 for my GT. I will say this is the first time I've had an issue with them and getting an ordered seat to me and will also add that I'm not impressed with their customer service in this instance. I finally got a good guy at Corbin and he did some digging and at least got an answer to me so now I'll see if he comes through or I fire them for good and find another seat to replace the worthless OEM seat, in my opinion.

gary b
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old Apr 15th, 2007, 7:27 pm
Veteran

Complaints on Corbin? Inconceivable!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidk63
You should do an archive search on Corbin and read all the complaints about the company's service..
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old Apr 15th, 2007, 7:31 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pirate
Complaints on Corbin? Inconceivable!!
Er,um, a word to the wise.
Be careful where you tread.
Semantical rugby is not for the faint of heart.

Last edited by GTdavey; Apr 15th, 2007 at 9:41 pm. Reason: spelling

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode