Looking to enter the GT world - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old Apr 16th, 2007, 9:38 pm Thread Starter

Looking to enter the GT world

Been lurking here for a few weeks as I was investigating what new bike I wanted to buy. The forums were a great resource while looking around and everyone has seemed friendly and very helpful. So time for me to get involved.

Last weekend I test drove an 07 GT and I am sold. So my next step is to sell my FZ1 and take the plunge. I am looking for some advice on the process. I am in the Seattle area, and there are two dealerships in western Washington. Because these bikes are much higher end, do the dealers ever "deal"? Would it be worth going down to Oregon to visit some of the higher rated dealers? I don't mind going to a different state and riding home, I would just want to make sure itís worth it. Thanks everyone.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old Apr 16th, 2007, 11:35 pm

Congrats!

I thonk you'll be happy.
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old Apr 17th, 2007, 12:04 am
Addict-oholic

don't think that you would be getting a "deal". You can orobably get the delaer to throw in the 600 mile service and maybe a good discount on accessoiries and/or clothing...

Larry
Deep Blue 2009 K1300GT
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old Apr 17th, 2007, 12:10 am

Both Seattle dealers have an excellent reputation. I would suggest you make sure and compare prices at Beaudry Motorsports in Post Falls, Idaho. Best deal I have heard on an 07 was from them. I believe that they will ship anywhere for $175.00.
Jeff

Yesterday is history.
Tomorrow is a mystery.
Today is a gift,
That's why we call it a present.
Live it to the fullest!
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old Apr 17th, 2007, 12:27 am

Hey Kodiak,

I lurked for a while too. A definite must when you are contmplating spending so much cash. I spent two years looking at sport tourers. ST 1300, FJR 1300, and the GT. In the end it came down to the FJR and the GT. Both had the performance but the GT was a bike I will keep for many years.

There won't be any deals. The dealers know that BMW customers are serious buyers. Typical retail tactics don't apply. The dealers don't try to maximize the margins on these bikes. I suspect BMW dictates pricing but haven't confirmed it.

I made the commitment last year and it has been bliss. Power, balance, and beauty. Every time I see her it is sweet. "Vie gehts baby", a slap on the tank and off we go on the Darth Vader Signature Edition two wheeled rocketship.

Wish you luck and great rides,
Jeff
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old Apr 17th, 2007, 12:20 pm
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodiak
Been lurking here for a few weeks as I was investigating what new bike I wanted to buy. The forums were a great resource while looking around and everyone has seemed friendly and very helpful. So time for me to get involved.

Last weekend I test drove an 07 GT and I am sold. So my next step is to sell my FZ1 and take the plunge. I am looking for some advice on the process. I am in the Seattle area, and there are two dealerships in western Washington. Because these bikes are much higher end, do the dealers ever "deal"? Would it be worth going down to Oregon to visit some of the higher rated dealers? I don't mind going to a different state and riding home, I would just want to make sure itís worth it. Thanks everyone.
Send an e-mail to [email protected]. Miles lives in Port Ludlow, WA and can give you the scoop on dealers and his experiences. He has a GT and more likely direct you.

Mention my name so he knows how the e-mail got there. Just say John in Jacksonville.

Good luck.

John
Jacksonville, FL, USA
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old Apr 17th, 2007, 2:32 pm
fas

buying strategy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodiak

When I decided to buy the GT, I visited the two local dealers. I told both I would buy a GT by Saturday. I asked them to email their best offer to me. The dealer where I bought my LT back in 2002 gave me the best price. He also threw in a free cover, free batt tender, and he gave me a superb discount for the large case which he had to order.

The dealer who lost was saying he only would sell at full MSRP. He was depressed I didn't give him a second chance.

Good luck with your purchase. I love my GT.

Rob Nelson
http://www.linkedin.com/in/robnelson44140
www.e-bikefun.com
2007 Super Duke 990
Orange Juice
2006 BMW K1200GT (now lives in Wisconsin)
Grey Goose
2002 K1200LTC (now lives in Georgia)
Toscana Temptress
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old Apr 17th, 2007, 3:32 pm
Enthusiast

Deals on GT

Dealer in Eugene will not deal at all. The dealer in Portland (not Tigard) will deal sometimes. If you call Portland BMW, ask for Kiwi. Good guy.
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old Apr 19th, 2007, 5:35 am Thread Starter

Thanks

Thanks everyone for the helpful advice. I have emails out the the surrounding dealers and we will see what happens *fingers crossed*.
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old Apr 20th, 2007, 12:52 am

Kodiak,
Talk to Wayne at Southsound, He is a great guy and straight shooter. He will give you a good deal. So far Southsound has been first rate with my @ BMW's.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode