Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Outside New Braunfels, TX, USA
This is a diagnostic procedure we used on the LT. I don't know if it'll work on the GT as my bike is 30 miles away. But, have at it and let us know.
This procedure must be done exactly as follows while you monitor the "SET" light on the instrument cluster:
1) With the ignition switch OFF, switch on the cruise control. Press and hold the cruise control switch to the SET position and switch on the ignition switch (LIGHT).
2) Release the SET button (LIGHT GOES OFF), move the switch to the RESET position (LIGHT).
3) Release the button (LIGHT OFF), switch OFF the cruise control switch (LIGHT).
4) Switch the cruise control switch back on (LIGHT OFF).
5) Rotate the throttle against the throttle stop (LIGHT), release the throttle (LIGHT OFF).
6) Pull the clutch lever (LIGHT), release the clutch lever (LIGHT OFF).
7) Pull the front brake lever (LIGHT), release the lever (LIGHT OFF).
8) Push the foot brake pedal (LIGHT ON), hold for 5 seconds (LIGHT OFF), release foot brake pedal (LIGHT ON).
9) Rotate the rear wheel (LIGHT SHOULD GO OFF/ON).
10) Switch off the ignition.
What was that middle thang?