Need part number for seat heating element connector - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old Apr 25th, 2007, 9:55 am Thread Starter

Need part number for seat heating element connector

I bough a pair of Corbin seats for my 07 GT which arrived a few days ago. Corbin used the cheapest, radio-shack, 5 cent, crimp-on connectors money could buy at the ends of the seat heating element wires. Then they provide a couple of extra 5 cent crimp on connectors and expect you to cut the factory connectors off the source wires and crimp those shitty connectors on so you can match up with the shitty connectors on the seat.

I would much rather install a pair of factory connectors on the Corbin seat.

Does anyone know the part number for the factory seat heating element connectors? Are these connectors used anyplace else on the bike, or are they exclusively used to connect the electric seats? Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old Apr 25th, 2007, 11:38 am
Strafist

Quote:
Originally Posted by PUREBRAD
I bough a pair of Corbin seats for my 07 GT which arrived a few days ago. Corbin used the cheapest, radio-shack, 5 cent, crimp-on connectors money could buy at the ends of the seat heating element wires. Then they provide a couple of extra 5 cent crimp on connectors and expect you to cut the factory connectors off the source wires and crimp those shitty connectors on so you can match up with the shitty connectors on the seat.

I would much rather install a pair of factory connectors on the Corbin seat.

Does anyone know the part number for the factory seat heating element connectors? Are these connectors used anyplace else on the bike, or are they exclusively used to connect the electric seats? Thanks!
There are no part numbers for the connectors. If it was moi, I'd use some Molex connectors.

-=grif=-
What was that middle thang?
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old Apr 25th, 2007, 12:27 pm
I'm riding

Same with Sargent. Asked my dealer and he gave me a user connector from a turn indicator of a BMW car. Free.

Take care!

'06 K1200GT Blue (sold)
'09 F800GS Grey
'07 F800ST Blue - wife's(sold)
'09 F650GS Blue - wife's
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old Apr 29th, 2007, 5:38 pm
Addict

Unfortunately the seat heater wiring connectors are proprietary by BMW. I'm very hesitant to cut off the original connectors of anything I'm working on so I would find a good aftermarket quick connector (i.e., Radio Shack) and splice into the existing heater wiring, solder and tape. The factory originals are still there just in case. In case of what, I don't know but it makes me feel better knowing that I didn't just make a permanent alteration.

John 06 CGM KGT

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode