Two new KGTs in Alberta - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old Apr 25th, 2007, 6:28 pm Thread Starter

Two new KGTs in Alberta

Flew to Edmonton and picked up my new blue KGT last Tuesday. Rode it the 470km home from the dealer. I traded an 04 KGT for $15,000 CDN. I felt this was high for the trade, so I did not quibble about paying retail plus a $650 fee for PDI which is bogus, really. My new GT is an optioned down model, that I ordered last fall. Nothing but low seat, high window, grip and seat heat and an alarm. Unlike many I prefer the farkle free zone. The dealer threw in a pair of Rallye 2 pro pants. Rode it 470 km back to the dealer yesterday for first service which was $203 CDN taxes in.
The dealer, Argyll Motor Sports, seems to be trying to turn over their previously poor reputation. My salesman was new this year and is an excellent guy IMO. The owner fired the sales manager recently which was a smart move. The previous sales guy quit last year, also good for the this store.
It feels like riding a turbine, though I haven't opened it up yet during break in. I haven't had a chance to ride the twisties yet either, (it started snowing heavily after getting home) but from cranking around on the four lane, the handling feels awesome.
Based on the fair treatment I received and a quick demo ride on mine, my riding pal bought a CGM GT fully loaded, less gps and top box. It will be assembled in the next few days. I will likely pick it up for my buddy as he stays pretty busy running his businesses, which oddly enough includes a motorcycle dealership, but not a BMW store.
This should be a great summer.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old Apr 25th, 2007, 6:55 pm
Veteran

Excellent news! Congratulations!!

Chris
NS, Canada

IBA, MOA, ONS

The mind knows no speed limit.

'06 GT - CGM "Katie"
'84 Airhead "Rita"
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old Apr 25th, 2007, 8:23 pm

Please email me the Sales Rep you dealt with. I've been trying to buy a new KGT here in Calgary and the guy hasn't returned my emails for the past 2 weeks. I've told him I want to order it but he is "UNABLE" to find a loaded blue (or so he says) but in any case won't return my emails. I need someone who actually wants to sell me a bike.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old Apr 26th, 2007, 9:27 am Thread Starter

Argyll Contact

Jay Lind at
[email protected]
1780 435 6811
Jay has always responded to my calls or even more amazingly he answers the phone.
Incidentally I did call Blackfoot in Calgary and had the same outcome as you. The salesman did not call back.
The day before yesterday I had a business meeting after dropping off the bike for its 1000km service and Jay actually tried to get me a "demo" ride from the store to my cross town meeting. In the end the cab showed up first but the effort for a demo ride was real. The battery on the GS on the show floor was dead and my trade was buried in backlog in their warehouse.
I believe that Argyll has sold out the GT supply for the moment. No surprise as they are working at keeping people happy.
I'd appreciate it if you mentioned me to Jay if you call them. Building relationship with dealer that care is rewarding... really.
Dave
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old Apr 26th, 2007, 12:05 pm

Thanks Dave, I sent a quick email off to Jay to see if he can do anything.

Don.
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old Apr 26th, 2007, 12:13 pm
I'm riding

Congrats on the ride! BLUE will help you to overcome cold ! :-))

Take care!

'06 K1200GT Blue (sold)
'09 F800GS Grey
'07 F800ST Blue - wife's(sold)
'09 F650GS Blue - wife's
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old Apr 26th, 2007, 7:24 pm Thread Starter

Speaking of Cold

I just got home from a 300 k spin. It is time to hop in a hot shower. At least my hands and butt are warm.
Dave
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old May 2nd, 2007, 7:21 am
Noob

Greets All,

I just wanted to say Hi to you Alberta Guys in this post and that I am rather jealous to see you riding your GT's while I pine away the hours waiting for delivery of mine from Blackfoot. Me and my neighbor bought a GT and an LT respectively and have been told to expect delivery this week or next. We are dealing with Jeff Norton and I can vouch that he and the whole Dealership is very busy. Too bad some of you had to go to Edmonton but I'm glad you got the bikes you wanted. Maybe see you around on our Albertian Highways?
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old May 2nd, 2007, 8:52 am Thread Starter

Alberta

Are there more of us from Alberia, just East of Siberia for our Moscow buddy, than Texicans now? Welcome to posting. I see you've been shy; first post. What color and options?
Dave
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old May 2nd, 2007, 12:11 pm

lucidiT, I'm down in Calgary as well. Been trying to get a K1200GT since the start of the year. I'll likely finalize the deal shortly but it doesn't look like I'll get a bike till August earliest (July build). Which in ALberta sucks as the riding season is on a downhill slide at that point.

Hoped to have a bike broken in by the end of August so I could ride it on the 3 flags otherwise I'll be riding the wing again. All it needs is new tires so that's not too bad.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode