Problems getting my Corbin Saddle....... - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old May 3rd, 2007, 6:09 pm Thread Starter

Problems getting my Corbin Saddle.......

A few people seem to be suffering from delays when trying to purchase a Corbin saddle, but I reckon few will have had quite the saga I have experienced.

I ordered a heated Corbin saddle, plus Smuggler, at the begining of March. I was told it would be about 4-6 weeks delivery, which wasn't a problem. However, the Smuggler arrived about 2 weeks ago, but no saddle. I picked up the Smuggler to get it painted (Corbin can't do CGM) and then found that they had used the wrong colour leather on the backpad... . However, not to worry, the dealer immediately rang Corbin, who apologised for the error and promised to put a replacement pad in the post. Yesterday (Wed) a message was left to say my saddle had arrived - eureka!! I rang the dealer to confirm just before lunchtime today and arranged to drive the 25 miles to pick it up.

I arrived at the dealer with great anticipation, since I had the seat top done in Carbon-fibre silver to match the CGM and was dying to see what it looked like. I was met by one of the owners of the shop, who said "I've got some bad news. We have just taken on a new storeman, and this morning he was instructed to load up a consignment that was to be shipped to Holland. When we went into the stores to get your saddle, it appears that the storeman inadvertently loaded your saddle onto the lorry as well. We should have it back next week!!" They were extremely apologetic, but there was not a lot they could do (at least not legally to the storeman, although I did have a few not-so-legal suggestions!!). To cap it all, Corbin had failed to send the replacement backpad, so I am still left with an unpainted Smuggler (it's now getting sprayed on Saturday), no seat and no backpad on the Smuggler....and it's now been two months. It's been so close, since I only missed the saddle by about 3 hours. Which biking god did I upset?

If anyone has a more convoluted story about why they still haven't got their Corbin saddle, I'd be pleaseed to hear it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old May 3rd, 2007, 9:15 pm
Veteran

Thumbs down

I'm maybe two hundred miles from them. All I can say is that I cannot recall "anyone" having something positive to say about their customer service after the sale. Promises. Promises. It's a wonder how they stay in business. They seem to concentrate more on their TV show for peddling stuff, pull in some buyers, and leave them hanging. It's almost like they want you to use a retailer instead of them to complain to if something gets fouled up. Poor dealer gets all the lip service about the product's problems. They are definitely one of the "drive-in-only-and-wait" places to deal with.

I'm pretty sure you've already searched the web on their questionable practices. Glad I wasn't one of their Sparrow buyers needing warranty work. I see they still show it on their website. http://www.corbin.com/sparrowseat.shtml Least you can still get a seat cover for it - maybe. :o

Good luck and here's keeping my fingers crossed for you..
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old May 3rd, 2007, 11:29 pm

That's not good news. I just ordered my Corbin seat yesterday. The confermation email indicated they were about 3-4 weeks out on production. Hopefully that's the case!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old May 4th, 2007, 4:53 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianB
That's not good news. I just ordered my Corbin seat yesterday. The confermation email indicated they were about 3-4 weeks out on production. Hopefully that's the case!
I got one of the early production "unheated" seats (don't use heat much in South Florida), and it only took a couple of weeks from order to delivery, including shipping from West coast USA to East coast USA.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode