Eureka Springs - pics! - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old May 4th, 2007, 1:45 am Thread Starter
Capn' Blowhard

Eureka Springs - pics!

I won't spend too much effort describing the ride - we all know how magical these bikes are (when given some stick and twisty roads to play on!) But it was fantastic to say the least and anyone that has been up that way knows how great the roads are.

Here are a few pics from the journey - 4 states and 1,000 beautiful miles in 4 days. The ride up was a bit chilly...rainy and 48 degrees most of the way. Gerbings kept me toasty though and I arrived with a smile.

The road home sucked, like the ride home always does. Wanted to keep on going....but it was a bit warmer here in Tejas at 87 degrees as I crossed the state border.

I spent some time at the Cosmic Caves - first time I've ever been in a cave complex and it was amazing! They have a "Wild Tour" that you can take where you actually strap up and do some real 'splunkin. Sounds fun.

The pretty chapel is Thorncrown Chapel. Made entirely of steel and glass and set right in the middle of a quiet woods. It was something else.

'07 BMW K1200GT
'06 Ducati Classic Sport 1000 Monoposto
K7 GSX-R 1000
"Oh, somewhere deep inside of these bones, an emptiness began to grow. There's something out there, far from my home, a longing that I've never known..."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old May 4th, 2007, 1:52 am Thread Starter
Capn' Blowhard

Jeff, I wanted to thank you by the way for the suggestion on lodging. I stayed at the Swiss Village Inn and it was great. Within walking distance of good food and was right next door to the local liquor store. They were very bike friendly...we even had a rowdy group of Harley riders (about 20!) show up on the last day. They scared all of the other tenants I think and even drew the copes out a few times.

It was good fun though hanging out with them and listening to their ride stories over a few brews...

'07 BMW K1200GT
K7 GSX-R 1000
"Oh, somewhere deep inside of these bones, an emptiness began to grow. There's something out there, far from my home, a longing that I've never known..."
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old May 4th, 2007, 6:52 am

Eureka Springs??

That's my favorite area for day rides. We go down there a few times a year for the weekend also. It's only a couple of hours away buy it feels like it's in a different country.

BTW, there's a group of BMW riders that spend the weekend there in Sept to ride the roads, kick lies and tell tires. Riders from Maryland, Illinois, Alabama, Mississippi etc, come and enjoy the area and company. The Holiday Swiss is headquarters for the group. This year it's the weekend of Sept 14, 15 and 16th. The motel has a block of rooms for us at a special rate.

Everyone's welcome. Let me know if you want more info.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old May 4th, 2007, 3:37 pm
IBR# 366

Cave Babes. Cool.

Ken
Pacific NorthWet
'13 Dark Graphite Metallic K16GTLD, 24K miles and counting...
'09 Magnesium Beige Metallic K13GT, 60K miles miles and counting...
'02 Mauve Metallic K12LTC, 106K miles and sold
BMWLT#145, IBA# 366, MOA# 111996, SCMA# 24032

All lower 48 states plus Alaska on the K13GT in two weeks . . .

Some people see the gas tank as half empty. Some see it as half full. All I care is that I know where the next tankful is coming from...
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old May 4th, 2007, 7:27 pm Thread Starter
Capn' Blowhard

She was pretty cute - she was our tour guide.

'07 BMW K1200GT
K7 GSX-R 1000
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old May 5th, 2007, 4:26 pm

Glad you enjoyed the Ozarks, you were in my back yard, I'm out of Mt. Home, just a few miles down the road.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old May 6th, 2007, 7:45 am

There's about 30 of us going there this week...mostly ZZR1200's, a few ZX14's, a T-Rex and or course a K1200S. Can you reccommend some good loops?

We will be there wednesday through sunday at the Swiss Inn.

Anyone is welcome to join us - it will be a good time. It's a pretty good group of intermediate to fast riders who like to ride hard during the day and party harder at night.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old May 6th, 2007, 2:43 pm Thread Starter
Capn' Blowhard

I liked this loop in particular :

* Take 62 out of Eureka Springs and head East to Alepna
* From Alepena head SouthWest towards Huntsville on 412
* From the Huntsville area, get back on 23 North back towards Eureka Srpings
* Head through town and north into Missouri a ways
* Head home when tired or hungry

The reverse would be just as pretty.

When you leave the area, if you can take 23 south do so for as far as you can. It was really pretty riding.

'07 BMW K1200GT
K7 GSX-R 1000

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode