ZTechnik VStream Windshield - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 27 (permalink) Old May 5th, 2007, 12:10 pm Thread Starter
Sooper Dooper Moderator

ZTechnik VStream Windshield

I just saw this new windshield on the Pirate's website. I'd be interested in hearing comments from anyone who buys one... Is it worth 180 bones or not? I have the OEM tall windshield (which is not so tall, even for me at 5-8). I don't have any particular problems with it, but it seems to me the wind protection (and noise) could be better.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 27 (permalink) Old May 5th, 2007, 12:41 pm
IBR# 366

Haven't tried one of these on a GT yet, though I am interested. We did a group by on the LT site and sold several dozen windshields. The vast majority were very happy with the improvement over stock. A few folks decided the windshield just didn't work for them and sold them on to others who had missed out on the group buy.

Who's gonna be the first to order one of these and give us a ride report?

Ken
Pacific NorthWet
'13 Dark Graphite Metallic K16GTLD, 24K miles and counting...
'09 Magnesium Beige Metallic K13GT, 60K miles miles and counting...
'02 Mauve Metallic K12LTC, 106K miles and sold
BMWLT#145, IBA# 366, MOA# 111996, SCMA# 24032

All lower 48 states plus Alaska on the K13GT in two weeks . . .

Some people see the gas tank as half empty. Some see it as half full. All I care is that I know where the next tankful is coming from...
post #3 of 27 (permalink) Old May 5th, 2007, 1:58 pm
Enthusiast

Unless I'm getting the runaround from the guys at Z-Technik, mine will arrive sometime this coming week.

Mike
'06 GT
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 27 (permalink) Old May 5th, 2007, 2:55 pm

I have it on my R12Rt and it is well worth the $$$$$!! One doesn't have to raise it up as far to experience the "dead zone" of comfort and there's more shoulder coverage. Granted, that's on a RT, but I'd think the GT windshield would provide similar results
post #5 of 27 (permalink) Old May 5th, 2007, 7:33 pm
The Gov

I ran into a guy at Morton's today that had a beta version of the Aeroflow windshield. I have to say I was impressed, much better material than the old one I had on my RT.

The molding was interesting and the stock black plastic piece underneath the windshield was replaced with a another piece - that was more aerodynamic. The rider said he loved it and he was riding with a Nolan, that is about as noisy as it gets IMHO. He said intercom and tunes were great.

Phil Space
Springfield, VA
2007 K1200GT the road beast
2009 F800GS - My little adventure bike.
2007 F800ST - Her's, but I can ride it.
post #6 of 27 (permalink) Old May 6th, 2007, 2:36 pm

The wind noise is more than I expected.

I saw a RT with a small adjustable lip on the top. It seems that this may be better for laminar flow. Does anybody know if they make such a beast for the GT?
post #7 of 27 (permalink) Old May 12th, 2007, 8:10 am
Enthusiast

Windshield came in yesterday. Mounted it before the commute home from work. I've only ridden about 30 miles around town (typical surface street commuting speeds of up to 60 mph) with my seat in the low position, but it seems to create a much more stable pocket than the OEM tall windscreen. I wear a Shoei X-11 with an MP3/FM tuner attached via helmet speakers. Less wind noise, easier to hear tunes. With the OEM windshield I had a difficult time hearing anything when traveling above 40 mph. The wind buffeting is practically nonexistent, and now my face shield doesn't slam shut when I turn my head slightly at speeds of 50+. Clarity is perfect as expected, no visual distortion. For me, the acid test comes in a couple of weeks when I ride the 850 miles from my home in southwest Florida to my property in eastern Tennessee.

Mike
'06 GT
post #8 of 27 (permalink) Old May 30th, 2007, 8:30 pm
Enthusiast

Brand New Z technik Windshield for 2007 K1200GT for Sale

I have a brand new z technik vstream windshield for a 2007 K1200 GT for sale. I bought it for my bike, installed it, but decided to save the money for a 49 liter top case. A new one costs $180 plus tax. I can sell it for $150 including shipping. Please email me at [email protected] if interested.
post #9 of 27 (permalink) Old Jun 1st, 2007, 3:44 pm
Rookie

FWIW, I've gone though a couple of different shields on my FJR and the Vstream is by far the best. If the GT version works as well, you'll be pleased.

Todd R.
Grapevine, TX

'78 R80/7
'06 FJR1300A
post #10 of 27 (permalink) Old Jun 12th, 2007, 7:09 pm
Enthusiast

2300 mile jaunt from SW Florida to Tennessee and back. Interstates, The Dragon, Cherohala Skyway, Foothills Parkway, numerous other great roads. The V Stream performed exceptionally well in all environments (high heat, slight chill, rain) and at various speeds. I was always surrounded by a nice stable pocket of calm air, and no bug taste tests were experienced. The electronic adjustibility allowed me to select how much breeze I desired. No helmet buffeting whatsoever. I had to lower the volume on my mp3 as compared to the level I held with the stock windshield.

Mike
'06 GT

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode