Reason #2321 To Love the GT - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old May 8th, 2007, 8:38 pm Thread Starter

Reason #2321 To Love the GT

Tonight I was riding 2 up with my wife. We were cruising along at ~70 on a back road when I spotted 2 small deer begin to cross the road in front of me. I got on the brakes hard enough to have Kate get forcefully pushed into me and have my "package" slam into the tank.

The bike never groused about it. It just did what it was supposed to do and stopped in a VERY short distance in a VERY controlled manner.

We didn't hit the deer.

This is an 06 with servo brakes. Never did understand why people whined about them.

Brian
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old May 8th, 2007, 9:07 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnblazer
Tonight I was riding 2 up with my wife. We were cruising along at ~70 on a back road when I spotted 2 small deer begin to cross the road in front of me. I got on the brakes hard enough to have Kate get forcefully pushed into me and have my "package" slam into the tank.

The bike never groused about it. It just did what it was supposed to do and stopped in a VERY short distance in a VERY controlled manner.

We didn't hit the deer.

This is an 06 with servo brakes. Never did understand why people whined about them.

Brian
I'm right there with ya bro.
Glad to hear you spotted them first. Out here in Idaho with moose and elk, we have a saying to people who think they need to ride @ nite........... DON"T !
I wouldn't trade the servo's myself.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old May 8th, 2007, 9:13 pm

After riding HD's the brakes on the BMW are FANTASTIC...!!!! I agree, one more reason to love the GT One my HD's a Deuce, I put floating rotars on it, still won't hold a candle to the GT
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old May 8th, 2007, 10:09 pm
Addict

Brian, thanks for the post and I'm glad you didn't make contact. The timing of your comments on the servo assit brakes is rather uncanny though because while I was out for a short hop last Sunday negotiating some unsavory driving techniques from others, I was equally impressed with the brakes on my 06 KGT. It got me thinking that maybe buying the 06 was good thing afterall. And this isn't intended to get all the non-servo guys worked up either!

John
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old May 8th, 2007, 10:15 pm
Addict-oholic

Amen!, these brakes are the best and stoppable! I almost hit bambi and had to lay the bike down to avoid it, but I was able to get off at a reasonable 10 to 15 mph rather than a lot faster if ai was on a non ABS bike!

Larry
Deep Blue 2009 K1300GT
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old May 9th, 2007, 9:05 pm

Nice post and I couldn't help but smile. Glad the bike is ok and I hope the "package" recovered
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old May 9th, 2007, 10:44 pm
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by John06KGT
Brian, thanks for the post and I'm glad you didn't make contact. The timing of your comments on the servo assit brakes is rather uncanny though because while I was out for a short hop last Sunday negotiating some unsavory driving techniques from others, I was equally impressed with the brakes on my 06 KGT. It got me thinking that maybe buying the 06 was good thing afterall. And this isn't intended to get all the non-servo guys worked up either!

John
Not to get stirred up but I wonder if there is really much difference between the two. The rear brakes are effectively servo anyway because a pump supplies the pressure, not the front brake lever, and the front is excellent with or without servo. I liked the servo on a test ride and I don't feel that much difference on my non servo bike. Either way, the GT brakes are fantastic and they are indeed another thing to love about the GT.

Bob

2007 K1200GT Graphite
Ex 1986 Kawasaki GTR1000

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode