How do you add air? - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old May 10th, 2007, 10:43 am Thread Starter

How do you add air?

Quick Question. Do you check your tire pressure in the morning before the ride at home? (I'm assuming so). Anyway, if your pressure is down a bit what do you do? Do you ride to the closest Service Station?

The reason I ask is because I've always ridden bicycles a lot I have a number of pumps in the garage so when my pressure is down a bit I just connect one of these. With a floor pump it is only a few strokes and you're back up. And, these only cost $20 or so for the cheaper ones at a bicycle shop. The better ones will run a bit more.

Furthermore, I carry a small bicycle pump with me in my saddle bags. I've used in the mornings a couple of times while on a trip to put in some air. However with these you need around 25+ pumps to get a pound of pressure. So while you "could" inflate a flat with it you'd get a good workout. But, it is light, doesn't rely on anything else and inexpensive. Again, if you check out a bicycle store you can find these guys, get the mountain bike kind as they are higher volumn and lower pressue (don't need to pump a Motorcycle Tire over 100PSI like a bicycle road tire).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old May 10th, 2007, 10:58 am
Veteran

I check mine in the morning and use a bicycle pump to add air as/if required. Just a few pumps can be several pounds of pressure.

Chris
NS, Canada

IBA, MOA, ONS

The mind knows no speed limit.

'06 GT - CGM "Katie"
'84 Airhead "Rita"
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old May 10th, 2007, 11:08 am
Addict

If you want to check your tires a lot, think about an electric inflator with a BMW accessory plug. On my Michelin you can preset the tire pressure and it switches off automatically. Mine seems to go 1psi over, which I assume allows for some air loss as you remove the adapter. It's a shame though they can't learn two presets to do both front and rear. Perhaps the Chinese will come up with that!

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old May 10th, 2007, 11:39 am

I have a huge air compressor in my garage. If I'm too lazy to drag the hose around my wife's car I grab my 5 gal air tank and use that instead (I keep it full so I don't have to fool around filling it before use). If I'm out on the road I carry a mini compressor that runs off 12V., either using my aux-cig lighter adapter or the socket my radar detector plugs into. I bought the little compressor at Northern Tool for less than $10 bucks. A good complement to the compressor is a stop-n-go plug kit. Now that I carry that, I never have flat tires

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode