Latest Software Version ??? - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 39 (permalink) Old May 20th, 2007, 5:51 pm Thread Starter

Latest Software Version ???

Fri., (5/25/07), I am taking my bike in for a 6,000 mi. service.
Can y'all remind me of the issues that were to be cured by the most recent version please ???

I am still @ Ver. 6.0/ and my only real issue is the snatchy, sensitive, throttle at low rpm's.
If anyone has a suggestion what to tell the service writer to get me the latest software, I would be mucho gracious. I know BMW is on a have to have basis for the updates.
Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 39 (permalink) Old May 20th, 2007, 6:08 pm
Addict

poor slow speed fueling
not wanting to start in cold weather
fuel gauge not reading full
popping/burbling

the snatchy throttle should be enough for a warrantee update.
post #3 of 39 (permalink) Old May 20th, 2007, 7:00 pm
Veteran

Only thing I regret losing is the engine braking from 6 to whatever I have now.

Whenever I saw a cop I could just let go of the throttle and it would get down quick. Now I gotta jam on the brakes as it just coasts down in engine braking now. Really gets annoying and I liked engine braking in the mountains. Then again, you lose the bucking bronco effect that 6 has too.

Least the newer version will get me to the "Brake Pads Worn" warning light sooner.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 39 (permalink) Old May 20th, 2007, 8:21 pm

Almost 5 months later, and I still love ver 7.1!
Here's my original thread.

FWIW, ver 9 is out. Don't know how "new" that information is.
post #5 of 39 (permalink) Old May 21st, 2007, 3:37 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by messenger13
Almost 5 months later, and I still love ver 7.1!
Here's my original thread.

FWIW, ver 9 is out. Don't know how "new" that information is.
Hi,

A friend of mine has V9 loaded, and he says it is awfull! Wait for v9.1 he says! He had v7.1 before and that was fine... Also got his airbox and some steppermotors changed: doesn't work good though... He has a K12GT 06 for that matter.

Rgds

Luc
post #6 of 39 (permalink) Old May 21st, 2007, 9:08 am
Enthusiast

I have the new ECU with v8.0 loaded. The ride is just perfect, coming from the old ECU with v7.0. I've read about several GT's that are f*cked up due to loading v9.0, so I strongly advise against that update!

Grtz,
Erwin

'14 R1200GS Adventure LC - Racing Red uni matt - full options - Nav V ... where the road ends Adventure begins ...
'13 320dA Touring - Mineralgrau metallic ... Freude am Fahren ...
post #7 of 39 (permalink) Old May 21st, 2007, 9:24 am

I have an 06'GT that was updated with the 8.1 2 weeks ago. It solved the low speed
on/off throttle but gave me a flat spot when cracking the throttle, and now I have the
high idle issue. I am scheduled to return to the dealer for a possible reload of the software on June 4th. Also missing now is the sudden rush of acceleration, replaced by a more linear increase of speed. I would definitely wait for further reports on the 9.0-9.1.

Phil
post #8 of 39 (permalink) Old May 21st, 2007, 10:44 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by phil_p
I have an 06'GT that was updated with the 8.1 2 weeks ago. It solved the low speed
on/off throttle but gave me a flat spot when cracking the throttle, and now I have the
high idle issue. I am scheduled to return to the dealer for a possible reload of the software on June 4th. Also missing now is the sudden rush of acceleration, replaced by a more linear increase of speed. I would definitely wait for further reports on the 9.0-9.1.

Phil
I too have the flat spot (software 8.x on an '07 model), and BMW UK has advised my dealer that 9.1 will fix this problem. It's getting loaded tomorrow, so I'll be in a position to report soon. Fingers and toes crossed...
post #9 of 39 (permalink) Old May 21st, 2007, 11:56 am
Veteran

Who at Motorrad is testing these things?
post #10 of 39 (permalink) Old May 21st, 2007, 9:42 pm
Addict

I just picked up a 06 GT last week with 3,388 miles on it. I did some research online and found threads like this about software versions.

I was more or less told by my dealer that my 06 GT "has the only update it should ever require" (I think 7.1, don't have it in front of me), and that BMW supports. They told me that "version numbers I read about on forums" really apply to BMW diagnostic software, not software on the bike itself. They went further to explain that software only gets updated for their diagnostic equipment "for new motorcycles with new features".

I've had serious, serious issues with this dealer before and their well documented shoddy serivce knowledge- is this just another extension of that?

By the way, my GT has a hyper-sensitive throttle and hard engine deceleration I've been reading about here....

Thanks-

B.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode