New KGT Owner and Member - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 21 (permalink) Old May 23rd, 2007, 12:47 am Thread Starter

New KGT Owner and Member

Hello all, I just pulled the trigger on a new '07 GT today. As I'm getting ready to go out of town, I'll be picking it up on the 4th of June. Had some trouble getting registered here, so I had plenty of time to lurk and read previous threads. I'm glad I found a forum with a lot of corporate knowledge on the bikes and various issues of maintaining them. I also ride a 98 R 1200 C and one of the riders at Chromeheads.org recommended this site for me. I only have about 20 miles on the demo bike out of BMW Motorcycles of Cleveland, but was very impressed with the bike. I know it will take some time to get the clock rolling but look forward to many miles and hopefully meeting some of you in the future on the road. Scott
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 21 (permalink) Old May 23rd, 2007, 12:54 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by SARDiver
I know it will take some time to get the clock rolling but look forward to many miles and hopefully meeting some of you in the future on the road. Scott
Yea...it's taken me all of 10 months to put 22K on my '06!

Welcome to the site! I'm on the east side, about 10 miles from BMW MOC. Let me know what I can do for ya. Hope to meet ya sometime.
post #3 of 21 (permalink) Old May 23rd, 2007, 11:05 am Thread Starter

Joe,

Thanks. Hopefully we can get together and ride. Would love to pick your brain a bit about the bike from time to time. I'll let you know when I pick it up. Ride safe.

Scott
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 21 (permalink) Old May 23rd, 2007, 11:09 am

I'll tell ya what I know. The rest . . . I'll make up. Just like the dealers do!
post #5 of 21 (permalink) Old May 23rd, 2007, 12:11 pm
I'm riding

Scott,

Congrats on your new ride! Wish you never be disappointed!

What color is your bike?

Take care!

'06 K1200GT Blue (sold)
'09 F800GS Grey
'07 F800ST Blue - wife's(sold)
'09 F650GS Blue - wife's
post #6 of 21 (permalink) Old May 23rd, 2007, 2:09 pm

Quote:
Hello all, I just pulled the trigger on a new '07 GT today. As I'm getting ready to go out of town, I'll be picking it up on the 4th of June. Had some trouble getting registered here, so I had plenty of time to lurk and read previous threads. I'm glad I found a forum with a lot of corporate knowledge on the bikes and various issues of maintaining them. I also ride a 98 R 1200 C and one of the riders at Chromeheads.org recommended this site for me. I only have about 20 miles on the demo bike out of BMW Motorcycles of Cleveland, but was very impressed with the bike. I know it will take some time to get the clock rolling but look forward to many miles and hopefully meeting some of you in the future on the road. Scott
Congrats on your new ride. I predict that you'll love it. I bought one in late December last year and now have a little over 10,000 miles on the clock. All I've done is change the seat (Sargents), lowered the pegs, and put on a Cee Bailey 2+2 windshield and headlight cover. On a trip from NC to CA, a rock cracked the headlight cover. Man, I'm glad I put that thing on.

Enjoy the K12,

Mike
post #7 of 21 (permalink) Old May 24th, 2007, 12:14 am Thread Starter

I bought the "fastest color" Crystal Gray Met. Since I'm not picking it up for a bit, they are putting the Z-Tech windscreen on prior to delivery (came with the short screen). I got the 49L top case as well. Hoping to have it color matched. I read a posting about Holt BMW stocking the paints and supplies, should make for a nice ride down to buy paint. I'm pretty sure this one has all options: Xenon headlight, TPM, ESA, criuse, etc. I'm really looking forward to the first ride. Now I have to earn an IB plate for this bike as well!!!

Mike, how far is High Point from Ashville NC? I have family down there and end up in the area from time to time on two wheels.

Scott
post #8 of 21 (permalink) Old May 24th, 2007, 7:40 am

Quote:
I bought the "fastest color" Crystal Gray Met.
Thanks for the chuckle first thing in the morning. You have a lot to learn. CGM is hardly the fastest color. In fact, all the CGM GTs come with a flower vase and a year's subscription to Woman's Day.

Quote:
Now I have to earn an IB plate for this bike as well!
My last day of a 20-day trip was 1,200 miles in 17 hours, and that included a stop for a new rear tire in Lincoln, Nebraska. This bike definitely likes to go & go & go. But I don't need no IBA plate. That's just another Big Boy's peeing contest, isn't it?
post #9 of 21 (permalink) Old May 24th, 2007, 11:30 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by messenger13
Thanks for the chuckle first thing in the morning. You have a lot to learn. CGM is hardly the fastest color. In fact, all the CGM GTs come with a flower vase and a year's subscription to Woman's Day.

Joe, thats just damn funny!!!! I thought Homes and Gardens was tossed in there too....SAR, Im on the Westside if you need to kill some miles.

F

05LT
07GT
post #10 of 21 (permalink) Old May 24th, 2007, 11:35 am

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Florian
Im on the Westside if you need to kill some miles.
Dave, How come you're not going on this ride with me?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode