My cockpit, I think I like it! - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 40 (permalink) Old May 23rd, 2007, 12:52 am Thread Starter

Cool My cockpit, I think I like it!

Here's the view from the pilot's chair, so to speak. I guess I'll need to add my XM receiver if/when I get it. Other than that, I think I'm all set. This setup worked for 8K miles in 3 weeks. Do you think all this technology makes us 'soft'?

(The text looks bad because the site resized the pic. Sorry.)

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 40 (permalink) Old May 23rd, 2007, 12:59 am
Enthusiast

NICE BIG MAK gear

Messenger

Very cool Big Mak equipment.

Mark of Big Mak really goes all out for customer service. I needed a larger tank bag for my trip and Mark made one up for me plus he hand delivered it today. How many other suppliers provide such great service????
post #3 of 40 (permalink) Old May 23rd, 2007, 1:05 am Thread Starter

Yea, I real happy with the Big Mak shelf and tankbag.
I sold one for Mark last Saturday to a new GT owner while I was visiting my dealer.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 40 (permalink) Old May 23rd, 2007, 2:43 am
Veteran

What! No Blackberry? :wtf

You also need a Gold Wing...and maybe a trailer with an aux. generator too!

No wonder your final drive puked. With all those accessories you must be over two tons.
post #5 of 40 (permalink) Old May 23rd, 2007, 7:21 am Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMack
What! No Blackberry? :wtf
Although I'm somewhat of a gadget freak, the 'latest & greatest' cellphone has never appealed to me. I can make calls, and receive calls. I thought that's all a cellphone needed to do.

(My laptop's behind me in the seatbag! )
post #6 of 40 (permalink) Old May 23rd, 2007, 9:14 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by messenger13
Although I'm somewhat of a gadget freak, the 'latest & greatest' cellphone has never appealed to me. I can make calls, and receive calls. I thought that's all a cellphone needed to do.

(My laptop's behind me in the seatbag! )
I like what you have except for the cell phone. My own opinion is that there is no need to use a cell phone while you are on the move....we all complain about the inattentiveness a cage drivers on cell phones. I put my cell phone in the storage bin and it does pair with my zumo so I know when someone calls. If I feel the need I can then stop and deal with the phone call. JMHO.

BTW, the Zumo replaces Ipod, GPS, and xm radio with a single unit as well.
post #7 of 40 (permalink) Old May 23rd, 2007, 9:32 am

Messenger,

What 'headset' do you have integrated into the Nolan helmet? How satisfied are you with it? I have tried a couple of different speakers integrated into helmets, and still find that I have a difficult time hearing music at speeds over 70mph, which is where I normally life. I have been using an earbud type unit and am very happy with the wind noise blockage and sound delivery, but would sure like to go wireless!
post #8 of 40 (permalink) Old May 23rd, 2007, 9:47 am Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwferris
I like what you have except for the cell phone. My own opinion is that there is no need to use a cell phone while you are on the move....we all complain about the inattentiveness a cage drivers on cell phones.
I have found that having the cellphone integrated into the intercom is a whole different ball of wax than having to hold one of to your ear. I liken it to the difference of holding a cellphone while driving a cage, versus talking to the passenger next to you in the cage. Don't ask me why, but that little act of actually holding the phone renders parts of the brain useless...as we all know too well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwferris
BTW, the Zumo replaces Ipod, GPS, and xm radio with a single unit as well.
Replaces a 60GB iPod?...don't think so! Better than my 2720?...again, don't think so. And XM, don't have it yet. But I am thinking about that one. :think:
post #9 of 40 (permalink) Old May 23rd, 2007, 9:51 am Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDave
What 'headset' do you have integrated into the Nolan helmet? How satisfied are you with it?
I have an older IntaRide intercom system called an RP-1. They don't sell it anymore. It's not wireless, but it sure does sound great. I upgraded the speakers to ones out of a set of headphones from RadioTrash. I can crack any of my audio devices to the point way past too freakin' loud. . . so that's not an issue. I don't know as I can recommend IntaRide's new units though. I've heard my share of complaints about their new line of products.
post #10 of 40 (permalink) Old May 23rd, 2007, 11:08 am
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by messenger13
Here's the view from the pilot's chair
WOW, Joe! Thanks for sharing!
BTW, for those of us who do sit in the cockpit occassionally, I think the term is referred to as "seat" not chair.

"The more people I meet the more I love my dog !"

07 K1200 GT deep blue metallic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode